I need some motivation!

Options
Ok, so I gained back 27 pounds! When I started, I was at 313, I got all the way down to 260, but I am now sitting at 287! I have had no kind of motivation what so ever! I have been trying to get my bf to work out and diet with me, but no luck. It is kind of hard to get motivated when your the only one trying to do right! HELP!!!! I do not want to get back to 300 pounds! I understand the holidays are coming, but that didn't stop me last year, I was able to have my thanksgiving dinner and still lose weight! I need motivation, a partner to work out with would be awesome! But it sucks, I have no friends or family where I live! This just sucks! This time last year I was down so much weight and now I am almost back where I started! ahhhhh!!! I am freaking out! I have no clue what motivated me before, I was doing so good! I want that motivation back!

I have a treadmill in the house, and lots of workout videos, but I just can't seem to get on the treadmill or do the videos. I do have the time, I just can't get to it! What motivates you?

Replies

• Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have gained at least 25 pounds in the last year also. Today is my sencond day with MFP and I feel highly motivated after reading alot of the blogs/post etc and some feed back I have received.

I actually say a full view of myself in a mirror the other day and that it was motivated me! I never look in my mirror, just my face. So today I got on my stationary bike the first time in forever , I can't believe how sore a big cushioned butt can get after being on a bike lol, but I feel like I have accomplished something today :) So I am going to take it one day at a time, one step at a time.

You can do this! Good luck on your journey
  • misslandee
    Options
    Thanks, I went on a search for a new coat yesterday, because the one I bought when I was losing weight got paint on it from doing a project with my son at his school. So that search was a bust. I couldn't find anything that fit right and hid what needed to be hid. That got me so upset, and that in itself is motivating, but it would be better if I had a partner or someone to check in with. I tried with my mom, but she is worse than me, she starts, then quits then starts, then quits. I need a partner that will stick with it even if they don't want to keep it up.
    I have gained at least 25 pounds in the last year also. Today is my sencond day with MFP and I feel highly motivated after reading alot of the blogs/post etc and some feed back I have received.

I actually say a full view of myself in a mirror the other day and that it was motivated me! I never look in my mirror, just my face. So today I got on my stationary bike the first time in forever , I can't believe how sore a big cushioned butt can get after being on a bike lol, but I feel like I have accomplished something today :) So I am going to take it one day at a time, one step at a time.

You can do this! Good luck on your journey
  • shadykins
    Options
    Yes I have also gained back about 20 lbs this year and just cant seem to stay motivated. This is my first time on MFP in almost a year but going to start to give it a try again...beginning tomorrow since its almost 6 pm. Good luck with the motivation. Its the only thing thats going to keep you on track.
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You now have a partner in crime! If you need a gentle push feel free to message me, I would be happy to try to help
  • misslandee
    Options
    Thanks, I havent been posting my meals in about a good 5 months or so. I am going to record everything that I eat, even if I go over. Good luck to you!
    Yes I have also gained back about 20 lbs this year and just cant seem to stay motivated. This is my first time on MFP in almost a year but going to start to give it a try again...beginning tomorrow since its almost 6 pm. Good luck with the motivation. Its the only thing thats going to keep you on track.