It's going to be a boot-iful winter!

Options
dorothytd
dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
I love boots. Boots do NOT love me. Even after losing 50 pounds and keeping it off for 5 years, I was still having zipper issues. My closet is full of boots I thought would stretch, or I could "stand" being tight. (Which, sadly, I cannot...)

I joined MFP in March and changed things up a bit. More intensity, more strength work, a better handle on my calories. The body fat percentage went down and the muscles are stronger. And I lost another 8-9 pounds to get to a weight I haven't seen since the 6th grade.

Yeah, yeah, that is all great. But the most fantastic thing happened a few minutes ago. I was looking for some shoes in my closet and tried on a pair of boots on a whim, and another pair... THEY FIT! No one has to hold the edges together to help me zip! Literally the first time I'm my adult life I'm going to be able to wear boots comfortably. Look out winter, I am going to boot you in the butt!

Happy NSVs, all!

Replies

• TrashyAbercrombie
    TrashyAbercrombie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's great! My calves have always been too big for the kind of boots I want to wear also. Hopefully after I lose all the weight I want to lose I can wear them too.
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So excited for you!! I hear ya about loving boots and having a hard time finding ones that fit. I totally made out today when for less than $100 I got a pair of tall black riding boots AND a shorter pair of brown biker boots! Here is to a boot-iful winter!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your boot-tiful story. Last night my husband treated me to a new pair of tall boots, we named them my Walktober boots, i walked a 141 miles in the month of October and like you i always had zipper issues. NOT anymore, zipped up with out 2 pairs of hands lol

Congratulations to you and yes its going to be a boot-iful winter

Cheers:drinker:
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am an average size person and have always had zipper issues!! I have large calves and small feet. Shoe makers assume if you have small feet you should have thin calves. I guess I should have been born with bigger feet :wink:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so jealous!!! My calf measurement hasn't moved in months and still can't find boots to fit.
  • Zenyehtta
    Zenyehtta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Boots have to be the only tolerable part of fall and winter.

(Well, football too lol)

Keep up the good work (:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I never got into the habit of measuring, so it was a real surprise! It is also nice to hear others have the same issues. (Although I'm sorry you have them, too.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!