Thinking about cutting back on exercise....

Options
Hey all. I have been faithfully exercising 6 days a week for as long as I can remember. Having been an athlete in high school, I am used to being active everyday or else I get antzy. I am trying to lose 5-7 lbs, and am doing everything right. I exercise and eat healthy. I am constantly trying to change up my exercise, but I'm at the point where I'm just worn out and wondering if i should just cut back to about 3-4 days of moderate to intense exercising (and maybe walking on the other days) to see if this will help the weight loss and help my body have a chance to rest and recover. Any suggestions/comments?

Replies

• TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Try taking a week off from exercise but still eat under you calorie goal. Your body probably needs a break and change in routine.

Good Luck,

Todd
  • Buzzkitty1
    Buzzkitty1 Posts: 134
    Options
    If you're finding your workouts too much, by all means cut down to 3-4 days/week. If you're doing it to try to play "scale games", I guess I think it makes more sense to continue to exercise and stop stressing about a number on a scale.
    If you're doing everything right, and you're within 5 pounds of your ideal weight, maybe your body is trying to tell you something.