Best snack to fill calories for day @ 8 pm

Options
I need to fill about 300 calories today to reach my 1300 cals. a day goal. What is the best food to eat this late at night and not gain weight/feel bloated/ turn into fat? I am not really hungry, which doesn't help matters...

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    ice cream!

or eat a big bowl of yogurt w/ some PB
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    ice cream!

You are kidding, right?!? I hope NOT! I Love ice cream, so don't taunt me!:tongue:
  • saraann4
    Options
    What's wrong with ice cream?
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    What's wrong with ice cream?

Nothing, except sugar, fat, calories, carbs.... plus the fact that I could eat a whole tub of Ben and Jerry's in one sitting and lick the bowl! I LOVE B&J!!!:grumble:
  • saraann4
    Options
    If it fits into your macros, eat it. If not, find an alternative. It's all about moderation. Have a serving. One serving won't make you fat.
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    If it fits into your macros, eat it. If not, find an alternative. It's all about moderation. Have a serving. One serving won't make you fat.

sadly, at the moment, it doesn't fit my macros...:grumble: :frown:
  • saraann4
    Options
    what about some more greek yogurt? You could use a bit more protein. I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum. You are great with your sodium and suck at your sugar. I love my salt and don't care for sugar lol
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Yes, you can have ice cream. You can have anything you want for that matter. However, I suggest pb and an apple. 2 tbsp pb and a large apple is about 300 calories.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I love my ice cream.. it's a necessity at least a few nights a week. Try Skinny Cow ice cream or ice cream bars/sandwiches, etc. They taste really good and are low cal. My current favorite is the peanut butter/chocolate sandwich one
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal.. not filling but oh so good.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Another vote for ice cream. Especially since you're not hungry. There's always room for ice cream.
  • ewai05
    ewai05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    eat an orange..tasty and filling
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    A Luna Bar =180 cals
    Glass 1% milk= 100 cals
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant. It's about your calories and macros overall in the day.

I vote ice cream too!
  • gdkerplunk
    gdkerplunk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For m y evening snack, I usually have homemade guacamole and something crispy to dip it in. Right now, I've really been diggin' Stacy's Pita Crisps.
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would do cereal w/ skim milk and maybe watermelon!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    French Vanilla frozen yogurt with some peeled and separated mandarin oranges on top. Yummmm!
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Banana and 2 T natural peanut butter. Filling, oh-so-good, and right around 300 calories. Or, just use 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter and have a glass of milk with it. That always helps me get mellow and sleepy.
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I vote ice cream. That's what I'm going to have.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    If I have 100+ cals left for the day I usually choose dark chocolate, nuts, or some form of liquid calories (ie - chocolate milk). Liquid calories work good if you don't feel hungry.