weighing in

Options
so far I have only weighed myself once since I began, I was 4 weeks into it and haven't weighed myself since. anyone else do that? how often do you all weigh in? Amanda :)

Replies

• isniffsquirrels
    isniffsquirrels Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There's pros and cons to weighing yourself daily, weekly, etc. I do it daily, because after logging my weight for 3+ months, i start to notice a trend. It starts to look like a sine-wave function Everytime it peaks, i get motivated to try harder.
  • Tammiecarver
    Tammiecarver Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, always on the same day and same time. Something i learned at weight watchers.
  • angieglyn
    Options
    I weigh everyday. It really keeps me on track. Some people do it once a week. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  • tishka11
    Options
    I dont think i woould suggest daily as it may leave you unmotivated if think youve gained weight when in reality its just because your body is slightly hydrated, or something similar, one day as opposed to the next.
    I generally do about twice a week, but even that is probably not overly necessary
    The best time to weigh yourself if first thing in the morning, as soon as you get up, but after you have gone to the bathroom
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It was suggested to me to take "before" pics, lay off the scale for a few weeks, and then take "after" pics and compare. So I am doing that. A good strategy, particularly if you are into working out.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    once a week or daily, but always at the same time. your weight will fluctuated throughout the day between 3 - 5 pounds so if you do it too often you'll get frustrated... I speak from experience! lol!!! oh, and if you weigh before you poop, you'll get a different number too... lol!!!

take your measurements ; bust/chest, waist, hips, thighs. arms, neck. losing inches will motivate you when the scale doesn't budge! :)
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I couldnt go that long. However I do admit weighting myself as much as I do a day is unhealthy. I do it at least 3 times a day because I am just hoping for a change
  • amandabell2012
    Options
    thanks everyone! :happy:
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I know weight can fluctuate and don't feel the need to check in every day.
  • IngBritt
    IngBritt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on the program app. 2 weeks. I haven't weighed in yet, but will probably do it every week from now on.