Can bread lead to headaches?

Options
2»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Looks like this thread went a little stale.

I wonder why.

MFP does not knead hurtful comments like that.

*sob*
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I guess this thread is toast.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I surely hope not because bread is sadly like my favorite food group...I also never get headaches though, sooo....
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Once i cut out wheat,oats,corn, Dairy and soy from my diet.. I was able to stop all of my allergies and I don't get any more headaches.
    I don't have any allergic reactions and feel great! No seasonal allergies at all.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I guess this thread is toast.

Cheers!:drinker:

wait....
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Try cutting out wheat, rice in any form, corn in any form including seasonings & condimets for a while and see how you feel. You just might be allergic otherwise have your thyroids tested.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Any way you slice it, there's way too many puns in this thread.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Pmub
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I get a stomach ache after eating two of these.

EggSaladSandwich768.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    As the title suggests, I'm finding that mainly when at work and after eating a roll or sandwich I get a chronic headache. Could it be I'm gluten or yeast intolerant? Could the bread be the cause, as when I eat something different I don't suffer.

Food can be a trigger for migraines, and whether it's a trigger and what is a trigger varies by person.

So the short answer to your question is yes.
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    As the title suggests, I'm finding that mainly when at work and after eating a roll or sandwich I get a chronic headache. Could it be I'm gluten or yeast intolerant? Could the bread be the cause, as when I eat something different I don't suffer.

Food can be a trigger for migraines, and whether it's a trigger and what is a trigger varies by person.

So the short answer to your question is yes.

True true true! I, for example, cannot eat coconut. It gives me migraine and causes vomiting, every time, without fail. It's miserable and I'm down for the count for the entire day. Try gluten free stuff, which is what I now do to knock off stomach aches. It works wonders. Add me if you want and I can give some tips for starting.

And seriously, everyone. The number of bread puns here made me literally lol. Hilarious!
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    4bbreadhead03.jpg

seriously though, gluten/wheat can cause all kinds of maladies, try not eating it for a week, see what happens

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • socomary
    Options
    sounds like you're getting breadaches

LOL!!! Thanks for the best laugh I've had all week. I really needed that.

Seriously though...if you're here, you're already keeping a food diary, right? Maybe you can add notes about when you are feeling fine post-meal or when you do get a headache and maybe narrow down the culprit that way (if it's related to something you ingest). Do you get similar headaches any other time? What about the stuff you put in the sandwich? What about the type of bread you're eating (whole-grain, white, wheat, etc.)? In the end, it might be the bread after all. I find when I eat cheap bread (i.e., Wonderbread, cheap hamburger or hot dog buns) or plain bread that's not toasted, and/ or without a bit of fat or oil on it, I get terrible stomach pains.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    sounds like you're getting breadaches

Ha ha.

I see wheat you did there.

ETA: Maybe I'm just a gluten for punishment, but I expected more from this thread.

ETAM: Seriously, what does it take to get a rise out of people around here?

ETAEM: I guess I'll just loaf around here until someone picks this thread back up.

:drinker:
  • spisea
    spisea Posts: 41 Member
    Options

While bread could be causing your headache, a more likely culprit is any meat or cheese product inside of it. Even condiments can trigger headaches. The problem isn't the actual food but the chemicals we use to preserve them. In the case of cheese, it has something to do with the way cheese is aged, so "newer" cheeses are less likely to cause headaches.

Preservatives are the more likely cause of short-term headache triggering. Wheat allergy leading to headaches is more likely to build over time. So you would expect to get headaches at the same time everyday, regardless of wether you had a sandwich that day, until you eliminate wheat for a couple of weeks at least.

Also, look at your hydration while you eat your sandwich. Are you just thirsty in the afternoon? Is your coffee wearing off? Do you consume diet sodas with lunch? (Sugar substitutes trigger headaches in some people.)