too much FIBER?

Options
So when I log my food everyday it is telling me that I go way over on my Fiber. Is this a problem? Should I try to back off?

Replies

• supercool111
    Options
    your daily goal is set too low. It should really be between 20g and 30g.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't having any unpleasant side effects (some people get gassy) then I don't see why not. I am over on a daily basis and I've never had a problem with it. I can't imagine only eating 25-35 grams a day. I like fruits, veggies, and beans way too much.
  • sheltieroger
    sheltieroger Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    As long as you can poop, you are ok....

:smokin: Beth
  • becky23
    becky23 Posts: 60
    Options
    I've wondered about that. What about pellets. I've had that problem a lot lately. It's hard to get out and they are tiny pellets. It's gotten better, but I still wonder about it.
  • sheltieroger
    Options
    If you are meaning that you are pooping pellets, you are constipated....I would suggest increasing your fluid intake...are you eating enough fiber? I would recommend prune juice/prunes rather than using over-the-counter laxatives (that habit can cause long term problems) and most stool softeners are just 'expensive water' (ie they are no more effective than adequate hydration).

At risk of going into the 'too much info' category, your poop should be a log shape, not rabbit turds. I know that Dr. Oz goes into great depth about poop if you want to look at his website. My poop knowledge comes from being a post-surgical RN (ie getting people to poop after having lots of narcotics, which as y'all know are very constipating for many!)

Hope this helps,
    Beth
  • becky23
    Options
    Thanks Beth,

Actually I drink 80oz everyday (not counting the water I drink during my workouts)

Could it be from not eating enough?
  • sheltieroger
    Options
    Hard to day, although even if you are eating small amounts of food (with enough fiber to add the bulk to the poop) it should pass easily and not be pellet-like....
  • sheltieroger
    Options
    darn...wish I could edit the last post....I meant, it's hard to SAY....
    Are you taking a multivitamin supplement with iron? Often iron supplements can bung you up.....
  • becky23
    Options
    Yes, i do take a multivitamin, there is iron in those. But I've taken those since I was a teenager.

Also I thought I'd mention that my pee is always clear during the day. Doesn't that mean I drink enough?