Big Girl with Huge Goals!! Need some supportive friends!!

Options
Hello everyone!!! I've been on my way to may huge goal of losing 100 pound for a couple of weeks now. The only thing I feel is lacking is the support from people who are goin through the same thing. I have plenty of friends locally but sometimes a patt on the back and a "keep up the good work" are not enough. Although some of my friends did join mfp they never make log in :( So if youre in my same boat and need some positive support, feell free to add me I would greatly appretiate it.

Replies

• kitxkatxkai
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I've been on my way to may huge goal of losing 100 pound for a couple of weeks now. The only thing I feel is lacking is the support from people who are goin through the same thing. I have plenty of friends locally but sometimes a patt on the back and a "keep up the good work" are not enough. Although some of my friends did join mfp they never make log in :( So if youre in my same boat and need some positive support, feell free to add me I would greatly appretiate it.

Girly, I am in the SAME BOAT. Try having a boyfriend who thinks he can calculate his calories mentally and brag how he can still have a few hundred to spare by the end of the night, a best friend who still has horrible eating habits and is an emotional eater and enables you to do the same exact thing. "Had a bad day? I say treat yourself to a steak and I'll buy some booze for us to share!". Plus a boss who is under her calorie goal almost every single day and is looking fabulous and you look like a slob compared to her.
    It's a nightmare trying to stay under everyday!
  • Day_Day_12
    Options
    Sounds like we are in this sinking ship together!! ;) lol. I have a husband and a lot of those friends with superhuman metabolisms!! My willpower is not yet ironclad and going out socially (bars/parties) is always diet disaster.
  • emwaitexo
    Options
    Hello :)
    I'm 16 (Turning 17 next month) And trying to lose around 80 pounds in a year, This is the start of my second week. I also need more support, I have a few friends at school that know I am trying to lose weight and basically they just said good for you lol. My sister who is 21 is also on mfp and trying to lose weight as well as get healthy. I have tried losing weight before and it has worked, but unfortunately i would have "slip ups" and never go back to my healthy routines, thus not allowing me to ever reach my goal. But I will be turning 18 in a year and that's when im labeled as an "adult" but ill also be going to prom, college, getting a job, and graduating! I want to feel good about myself. And I agree it's better to have someone there for you while you are doing it. Even better, someone who is in it with you.
  • kitxkatxkai
    Options
    Sounds like we are in this sinking ship together!! ;) lol. I have a husband and a lot of those friends with superhuman metabolisms!! My willpower is not yet ironclad and going out socially (bars/parties) is always diet disaster.

Exactly. But I'm finally refusing to sink any more. Let's go find some bouys! :D
  • kitxkatxkai
    Options
    Hello :)
    I'm 16 (Turning 17 next month) And trying to lose around 80 pounds in a year, This is the start of my second week. I also need more support, I have a few friends at school that know I am trying to lose weight and basically they just said good for you lol. My sister who is 21 is also on mfp and trying to lose weight as well as get healthy. I have tried losing weight before and it has worked, but unfortunately i would have "slip ups" and never go back to my healthy routines, thus not allowing me to ever reach my goal. But I will be turning 18 in a year and that's when im labeled as an "adult" but ill also be going to prom, college, getting a job, and graduating! I want to feel good about myself. And I agree it's better to have someone there for you while you are doing it. Even better, someone who is in it with you.

Then you have come to the right place for that. High school was a rotten time for me and I did some seriously not so healthy choices. (Slept 2 hrs per night and ran soley on coffee and sweets to keep me awake for 3 months solid!)
    I've learned some awesome tricks on here from so many people plus it's the small things you read from others that get you motivated for the rest of the day.
    Think of it this way, you've already made the best decision possible for yourself right now and for some that takes years to take that first step. :)
  • Naddles08
    Options
    I am also in the same boat.. I have the best workout buddy a girl could ask for. shes sweet and upbeat and encouraging but she also weighs 113lbs.. and even she is on mfp... I don't want to be the big friend anymore....
  • debronjon
    debronjon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I need to lose over 100 pounds and have lost over 30 already. Consistency I am finding is the main thing. Add me please. Need the continued support. I've logged for 90 days in a row and plan to do it at least another 90+++!
  • bluemilan
    Options
    I have tried to lose weight unsuccessfully for years but this time I am going to do it. It is a long and lonely journey but hopefully I can find some support here.

I try to log on daily but during the week it is harder due to long working hours but I do chart my food and exercise.

I am here for anyone looking for support.

LA
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies.... I'm lacking in the support area at home and from friends. I've lost 82 lbs so far but still have another 70 to go. My friends just don't understand why I'm making this a lifestyle now. So please feel free to add me! :D
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. If anyone wants to add me as a friend. I'd be more than happy to give some support, and take some in return. :)
  • buzzerj
    Options
    You go girls! I know you can do it! Watch those fat grams! Every gram of fat is 9 calories. Concentrate on lowering the fat grams and take regular walks or other exercise and you will lose weight! Guaranteed.
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello everyone..I would love to join you on your journeys to the weight loss boat.. I have been on a platue for the past month and can always use new friends and support.. Add me if you wish and I will help support everyone.. :drinker:
  • 141by2016
    Options
    Hey ladies! I lost 75lbs between December and April, started med school, gained 15lbs back, and am taking control before the creep sets in. Ideally I would like to get down to 136lbs. I love feeling like I can buy clothes now, and people look at me differently. I am here for support and to be held accountable for my actions.
  • avgjoe2u
    avgjoe2u Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So I started my weight loss around the middle of July my weight was 275 I am 6 ft and my BMI is suppose to be 185 I doubt I can do that but I set a goal for weight of 200. I am currently at 229.I didn’t find this website till august but what a god send. Hardest thing to hear is that this is a numbers game and I know for me I didn't get this heavy overnight it’s been 5 years of neglect on my part. You shouldn't lose more than 2 lbs a week and knowing that means the most you can lose in a year is 104 lbs. There is no easy way around the numbers. You simply have to create a calorie deficit and that means burning more calories than your body takes in. I have been eating a high protein low carbohydrate diet and exercising 3 to6 times a week. But not all success are in the scale its amazing to fit into clothes I once wore with pride. My blood pressure is down to the point that the doctor has said if I can reach my goal weight and stay there for 6 months he will take me off the High Blood pressure meds. I would encourage you to talk with your doctor and read some of the stories here feel free to friend me and look at what I am eating. What works for me might not work for you but some of the things I do might. Some basics for me is I know eat breakfast every morning. I also have a diet green tea to get my metabolism going. I also try and do my work outs before breakfast and then be sure to put protein in your tank with in a hour after your work out to make sure your loosing fat and not muscle. A salad for lunch with a good size portion of protein. This helps me to keep from snacking . and dinner I try to stay away from red meat here chicken ,fish or lean pork loin with a vegetable that is low in Carbohydrates like broccoli or a salad again. I have been adding 30-35 min of cardio a day with a target range of burning 300 calories. I prefer the elliptical but what is really important is just that you exercise even if it’s just walking. Now that I am lower in weight though I have hit a plateau and to get out of it I am doing 60 min work outs. What is funny now is that I have gotten to the point where I crave it. An although I guess I am to old for a endorphin rush I still feel better after I work out. The biggest thing you can do is make these changes for life be consistent even when it doesn’t seem like its working because really it is. Stays the course do not give in. Make from this moment on when you change your life for the better.
  • avgjoe2u
    avgjoe2u Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Our Greatest Fear —Marianne Williamson
    it is our light not our darkness that most frightens us

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
    talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other

people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of
    God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,
    we unconsciously give other people
    permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
    Our presence automatically liberates others.

—Marianne Williamson

I have this posted on my mirror read it everyday
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Amanda:

Starting weight 217
    Current weight as of last weigh in (a week ago tomorrow is weigh in day) 206.3
    First goal weight: Under 200 lbs
    Ultimate goal weight: 135

I log in every single day and I log in everything I eat good and bad. I will be there along the way. ADD ME!!
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100 too! Feel free to add me, anyone.
  • athryn
    athryn Posts: 59
    Options
    Like Amanda above me, I log every day like clockwork. I started at 248 pounds in February, and I'm at 169 as of yesterday (with a goal of around 140, so if you want a friend who is in it for the long haul, feel free to send me a request. :)
  • Day_Day_12
    Options
    Thank you all for your wonderful support. I have sent all of you an add and I hope you will accept.
  • 716Laura37
    716Laura37 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ya, it gets very hard at times. I just started reading on the community part and it looks like it will help lots. To actually see people say the same things you feel all the time is just something I am not used to. Nice to know there are people that can relate and you don't have to be afraid of them judging you over it . My husband is supportive for me but then again he doesn't need to lose the weight so he can't be there the way I need. Doesn't understand all my emotions that come with being overweight. Other people I know are supportive of me losing weight too, but at the same time it's hard because they all eat so unhealthy and ask if I want to go eat or or eat this not understanding how important it is for me to stay on tract.