Replies

• Hungrygirl88
    Options
    Hate Horror movies
    LOTR
    The newest Star Wars.
  • amandajam2012
    Options
    Anything with Will Ferrel. I hate him. I feel like I'm the only person in the world that does not like, Elf, Anchorman, and Step Brothers...
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Anything with Will Ferrel. I hate him. I feel like I'm the only person in the world that does not like, Elf, Anchorman, and Step Brothers...

I don't like Will Ferrel either but there was one movie he made where he was totally out of character. If you can, I really recommend "Stranger That Fiction". He plays a straight character. It's really a cute love story. The critics panned it but I really enjoyed it.
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    I just could never attach a word like "HATE" to a movie. It's way too extreme.

I agree, HATE is such an extreme word to use for a movie.

But I did HATE Avatar. Am I the only one who realizes Avatar was just a Cowboy and Indian movie where the Indians win? HATED that movie!

Actually, the plot was almost exactly like Ferngully.

Never saw Ferngully. Thanks for letting me know. Another movie I won't see.

or pocahontas. That movie was pretty though, I thought it was worth watching once, even though plot sucked.

edited because I cant quote.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    star wars
    lord of the rings
    saw
    twilight
    the hangover

forgot to add Avatar as well!, I know i have more but my memory sucks
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Get him to the Greek
    Groundhog Day
    Happy Gilmore.. wait.. anything Adam Sandler starred in.
    Vicky Cristina Barcelona - couldn't finish it. What a pretentious piece of crap.
    legally blonde
    meet the parents and all sequels
    something about mary
    A Christmas story! someone else mentioned this one. I hate this with the white hot hate of 1,000 suns!
    I also hate Will Ferrell and Jim Carrey, and anything they're in.
    Any of those stupid Eddie Murphy "Big Momma's House" type movies.
    Horrible Bosses. ugh.
    Freddy Got Fingered
    New York Minute. - I love you Jared Padalecki, but this one is a stinker.
    ****ie Roberts former child star
    The Million Dollar Hotel (Mel Gibson) SUCKED.

I'm sure I'd hate some of the others mentioned as well, but I've carefully avoided some of them. :)

I like most sci fi and horror though.
  • socomary
    Options
    Harold and Maude (1971). From what I gather, it's either a movie you love or a movie you hate. I have settled on the latter emotion.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options

Eddie Murphy did the Nutty Professor franchise. Martin Lawrence did the Big Momma's house franchise.

There is a difference but they both suck.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    Options
    Harold and Maude (1971). From what I gather, it's either a movie you love or a movie you hate. I have settled on the latter emotion.

I'm kind of neutral about that movie. Like it sucked at parts and was ridiculous but it was watchable.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    Options
    Did anyone mention Blacula (1972) ?
  • smantha32
    Options

Eddie Murphy did the Nutty Professor franchise. Martin Lawrence did the Big Momma's house franchise.

There is a difference but they both suck.

Exactly. I made it through about 20 minutes of two of them, so it' no wonder I couldn't remember who did them.

:flowerforyou:
  • smantha32
    Options
    Did anyone mention Blacula (1972) ?

I don't think so, but that IS a great example of suck. lol ::bigsmile:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    AHHHH!!! I love Napoleon Dynamite!!! But I understand it's not for everyone.

I hated Exit Wounds, Time Travelers Wife, SpaceBalls, 300, and I'm sure there's a bunch more.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    All moves produced in the last two years especially all of the current action movies... Too much emphasis on special effects as far as I am concerned. Lately, I find myself reading literary books or going to the Y to workout, or on Sunday mornings going to my hip-hop fit class...
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fatal Attraction. Hubby and I attempted to watch it when we were dating and I think we made it to the rabbit boiling scene and then we walked out of the theatre.
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mars Attacks. I won't even let it into my house. Gave me nightmares for weeks. It's just so creepy.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Ugh it's driving my crazy that I can't remember but the one with the weird blue creature things where the Marine's are trying to kill them or whatever, worst description ever, but it was like a huge movie, it's like the go inside those little bed thngs and it brings them into the other world where they become one of the weird blue creature things and he meets a girl and like falls in love with her and spends the movie trying to stop the evil army guys from destroying them...and everyone was obsessed with it,..its wicked long and i thought it was so over-hyped an stupid and i cannot think of the name right now!
  • rmkramer003
    Options

I don't like Will Ferrel either but there was one movie he made where he was totally out of character. If you can, I really recommend "Stranger That Fiction". He plays a straight character. It's really a cute love story. The critics panned it but I really enjoyed it.

I agree, "Stranger Than Fiction" is the only Wil Ferrel movie worth seeing.
  • rmkramer003
    Options
    Ugh it's driving my crazy that I can't remember but the one with the weird blue creature things where the Marine's are trying to kill them or whatever, worst description ever, but it was like a huge movie, it's like the go inside those little bed thngs and it brings them into the other world where they become one of the weird blue creature things and he meets a girl and like falls in love with her and spends the movie trying to stop the evil army guys from destroying them...and everyone was obsessed with it,..its wicked long and i thought it was so over-hyped an stupid and i cannot think of the name right now!

That was Avatar.
  • natalovesmusic
    natalovesmusic Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Stepbrothers
    Ricky Bobby
    Star Trek
    James and the Giant Peach (my sister forced me to watch it all the time as a kid)
    The Shining (don't understand the obsession)
    The Hangover Part 2
    I didn't hate the first Twilight but I saw another twice and boy, I was just waiting for it to be over..just like Hangover 2
    Nor do I HATE the Harry Potter movies...I just do not enjoy them. at all. I don't do fictional magic-involving stories

I want to defend Saw V though. Yes, it's the same crap from all the Saw movies but the idea where mistakes were made as you find out in the end...I liked.