Okay, Greek yogurt lovers - what's the catch?!

Options

Replies

• AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Dannon Okios Key Lime. It's like pie filling without the crust.
  • RixxyRikaa
    RixxyRikaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like Oikos plain with honey.
    I will ONLY eat Chobani with the fruit on the bottom.

I have never had Fage, the packaging puts me off for some reason. For me, Oikos is more texturally pleasing as greek yogurt, but I'm a college student, so I'll work with whatever is on sale.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I don't know but i'm saving this to read later :) I HATE the chobani greek yogurt, gag me! I'd love to try some other brands!

I'm right there with you girl! These wonderful people have given me MANY options to try now! :bigsmile:
    Dannon Okios Key Lime. It's like pie filling without the crust.

How funny, the cashier told me this same thing when I bought my one strawberry Oikos. :laugh: I must try it!
    I tried several of the popular brands of Greek yogurt, none of them impressed me. If you have a Trader Joe's in your area, their plain Greek 2% is my absolute favorite - creamy, smooth, delicious. I sub it for sour cream, put it in my oatmeal, and mix it with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey - I love it! And the 2% has 24g of protein per cup (I usually only have 1/2 a cup at a time since I mix things with it).

I must go try it then! I have one about two miles from my house on the way to school. :flowerforyou:
  • tarakizer
    Options
    My favorite Greek yogurt is Chobani Champion's Very Berry. You'll find it in the kid's section of yogurt. Each container is 100 calories and perfectly sized. I tried the other 2 Champion flavors that I've found, and they aren't as good as Very Berry but still good. I much prefer the Chobani Champion's Greek yogurt to all other Greek yogurts out there.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I started with Chobani, flavored (0% fat), and loved it. Now I'm buying the kirkland brand Greek Yougurt almost every week.

my favorite way to eat it?

1 c greek yougurt w/ 1 tsp lemon curd, and add 1c of fresh fruit, usually strawberries or pineapple. Yummy!

The lemon curd adds 34 calories, but is totally worth it!
  • miss_erynn
    miss_erynn Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Greek 100 Calories in Vanilla

Stats:

calories: 100 (obviously, lol!)
    fat: 0%
    sugars: 7g (not bad at all...way better than Oikos [24?] and Chobani)
    protein: 13g

I mix mine with 1/2 cup Kashi honey almond flax cereal, or ground flax seeds, hemp hearts, wheat germ (let it sit for a bit and it gives it a cake-like texture) and/or some raspberries or sugar-free jam!
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    watch your sugar content. Lots of those greek yogurts are high in sugar. I found a good one that is tasty and low in sugar..It is the Dannon Light and Fit but One that is really yummy is the Aldi's Pineapple..now that is to die for but high in sugar....I usually will have 1/2 one day and the other 1/2 the next day because it is a large size cup also and so delicious...but its really up to you. If you don't watch your sugars like I do..then I would think any of them would be fine..
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    My favorites right now are fage 0% with honey but when I really want a treat I do the following

Yoplait 100 calorie vanilla Greek yogurt with 1 tbsp of PB2 (powdered peanut butter http://www.bellplantation.com/) it taste like a peanut butter pie basically

Also the oikos toasted coconut Greek yogurt with the chocolate PB2 tastes just like a mounds candy bar...it's amazing
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    In Canada, I love the Oikos, even the fat free kind. However, I made the mistake of buying Oikos in the US instead of the Chobani that I usually get at Sam's Club and it was inedible. It had a horrible after taste. I have no idea why the same company would made great greek yogurt in Canada but disgusting stuff in the US.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I like the 0% Fage, but I add fresh fruit and a little Stevia. Is that cheating?
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This may have been said, but I'm not reading through 3 pages to find out. The problem with all yogurt is SUGAR. I know that Chobani has 17g of sugar, which is almost as much as a candy bar. Do you really want that for breakfast or a snack?

I love the Fage plain because it is super low in sugar and tastes great. I add fresh fruit to it. Or, get the new Dannon Lit & Fit Greek yogurt because it as 80 cals, 0 fat, 12g protein and only 8g sugar. It's wonderful! Don't add all that sugar by eating yogurt - save it for something worth eating!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    The catch is it tastes like sour cream, not yogurt.
  • natalovesmusic
    natalovesmusic Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I didn't like the 0% Fage the first time I tried it but it tastes like yogurt to me now! I just really like that it has a fraction of the sugar.
    But hey, it makes a great addition to your refrigerator as a mayonnaise or sour cream substitute
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Dannon Lite and Fit any flavor
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Fage! I don't eat any of the brands in Plain because it's like eating straight sour cream, even when adding stuff to it. I just bought a pack of the Dannon Light & Fit 80 Calorie Greek....I haven't had one yet, but I'll let you know how it is!
  • bigbeanx
    Options
    Catch is - get plain greek yogurt and add your own fruit! Then you only pay like $3.00 for the store brand and whatever berries you enjoy. Cut out the middle man,
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Fage! I don't eat any of the brands in Plain because it's like eating straight sour cream, even when adding stuff to it. I just bought a pack of the Dannon Light & Fit 80 Calorie Greek....I haven't had one yet, but I'll let you know how it is!

Well, I just ate one with my lunch....and I could only eat half of it. It is cloyingly sweet with all the artificial sweeteners. I'll definitely be sticking to the Fage 0%!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I don't think that sugar is the devil, I don't like artificial sweetener, and I like my Greek yogurt sweetened.
  • bobbieejo
    Options
    the real difference is on the labels, but i go by taste too. My duaghter and I both like the Chobani 0% with fruits in them but she doesn't care for the Fage 0%. Neither of us can handle eating "regular" yoguart anymore. It just doesnt taste right. Mix with a little fruit, greek yogurt is so much better.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like plain Fage.. I add honey or maple syrup to it sometimes. I also like oikos frozen Greek yogurts.