7 day cleanse?

Options
Here's something I found on Pinterest and was just wondering what you all thought of it. I was thinking of trying it but still sorta undecided.

Day 1: All fruits except bananas. It is suggested you consume lots of melons and loupes. You can eat as many as you want.

Day 2: All veges. For your complex carb sart day 2 with a large baked potatoe. You can add a dab of butter if you prefer. Eat as many other veges as you please.

Day 3: a mixture of fruits and veges. No bananas or potatoes. Again eat till you are full.

Day 4: Bananas and milk. Eat as many as you can along with 3 glasses of milk. This will be combined with the soup but in limited quantities.

Day 5: Beef and tomatoes. Eat 2 10oz portions of lean beef. Hamburger is ok. Combine this with 6 whole tomatoes. Also increase your water intake by 1qt.

Day 6: Beef and veges. Eat as much beef and as many veges as you want.

Day 7: Brown rice, fruit juices, and all the veges you want.

Soup recipe: 28 oz of water, 6 large onions, 2 gr peppers, tomatoes, 1 head cabbage, 1 bunch celery, 4 envelopes lipton onion soup mix. Herbs and flavouring as desired.

The soup is intended as a supplement to your diet. You can eat as much as you want except for day 4.

Beverages: Water, club soda,black coffee, black tea (herb or leaf). Nothing else except for fruit juices on day 7.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    This has been around for a while. There's nothing to back up the claims that this weird and exclusive food grouping is going to do anything wonderful for your body, sorry :grumble:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is great for a lot of things - good diet plans are not one of them.

You don't need to do a cleanse. Assuming that you have a stomach, kidneys, liver, and intestines, your body is already doing all the "cleansing" it needs. There is no junk building up in your body.

Just eat less and move more. That's honestly all it takes.
  • 1917Ashley
    1917Ashley Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Or otherwise known as the GM Diet. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. BUT in the seven days I did lose 15 pounds....BUT I did gain 6 back almost immediately. It was hard but it really kick started my diet regime.
  • Heavensblessings
    Heavensblessings Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    After thinking about it all day I'm gonna start it tomorrow. Even if a person doesn't need a 'cleanse at least I'll be eating healthy food.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I think I'd feel really sick eating like that. I certainly wouldn't be able to exercise properly.

Basically no protein for several days, no fiber on some days but too much on other days, too low total calories nearly all the days.
    Yikes.

This kind of diet will make you lose lots of water and clear out your digestive tract (you likely have diarrhea bad from eating nothing but fruit/veggies/broth for 3 days straight), so you will weigh less at the end, but you won't have lost much fat. The number on the scale will go right back to where it was when you resume a normal diet.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Organs do your cleansing. If your internal organs are in good working order you're fine. Safe your time and money.
  • socomary
    Options
    This has been around for a while, I think, before the word "cleanse" was used in a dieting sense. I think I saw this in a magazine back in 1988? I remember the "Day Four - Bananas and Milk" and remember thinking that if I ate bananas and milk all day, I'd feel pretty sick (on top of having banana-laced burps as a result).

Losing weight takes the patience of angels - it isn't something that can be kick-started or that can happen quickly (a weight gain doesn't happen overnight), and I know it's frustrating because in some ways we expect quick results and instant gratification in general. It may sound boring and standard, but have patience, pay attention to your caloric intake, move a little bit more, and you'll see results before you know it! And kudos to anyone who's kept it up!