Popcorn as a snack?

Options
2»

Replies

• DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I eat ACT II Butter Flavor (63 calories per bag)....and sometimes I have been known to have three per day!!!
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    bah, everything causes cancer lately. so, just enjoy your lives, eat what you want (in moderation of course) and make sure to be physically active and you should be alright! :) I love popcorn too, microwavable or not. somehow popcorn from the cinemas are amazingly delicious.. lol.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HawtTamale
    HawtTamale Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I LOVE POPCORN!!

I too make it on the stove with coconut oil (but I count it...the calories in oil aren't cheap, but the oil itself is EXTREMELY healthy for you). The idea of paperbag in the microwave is brilliant and I am definitely going to try it.

Keep on with the popcorn if it helps keep you on track. It's definitely one of the better choices for a savoury snack out there.

/hugs
  • mamalangz8
    Options
    I was going to say the exact same thing! Look out for GMO corn... or anything GMO.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Air popcorn ...so good. Of helps with my mindless must eat feeling.

I like a little powered sugar or parmesan cheese. Even toss mini chocolate chips in when still warm.

Mmm....

Good good.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I feel like almost everything causes cancer these days lol. I'm just gonna have to take my chances on this one because I have ZERO self control lol
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    You can get a container of plain popping kernels and do it in the microwave yourself. Just use a brown paper bag and put about 3 tbsp of kernels in there, fold over the top, and microwave 2:30 to 3:00 until it's done but not burnt. It makes a big bag of it, and it's only 120 calories.
  • Monami12
    Options
    good snack but is better plain ..little bit salt
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love my air popper, though it is a bit loud. I have all those popcorn sprinkle seasoning and they only add 5 calories for my whole bowl. Awesome snack!
  • wdot
    wdot Posts: 8
    Options
    complete empty calories! Snack on fruit or possibly dark chocolate...a little bit goes a long way ;)
  • Just_do_it_xo
    Just_do_it_xo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm weird and find popcorn tasty with a hot sauce called tapitillo... It's amazing tho lol

HA then count me in on the weird! I <3 popcorn with tapatillo sauce and some lime! (the mexican side of me comes out haha)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I snack on popcorn most days! Prepackaged ones though.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Other toppings:

garlic salt + rosemary

taco seasoning mix

Personally I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE to sprinkle on some Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk seasoning mix

Never thought of these! Very smart!

A little Cayenne pepper is really good, makes a nice spicy treat!

I dip mine in Tapatio or Siracha as well.

I'm a little addicted to heat.

When I feel like sweet tho I use some cinnamon sugar
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    I think popcorn is great—especially if you pop bulk kernels instead of those bags with yucky chemicals. I actually put 1/4 cup in a paper bag, fold the top two times, put upright in the microwave for 3 min until it stops, and voila! :) I don't used butter spray—I just melt a 1/2 tbsp butter and pour it over with a little salt. Last week I used olive oil spray instead and added pepper—tasted just like salt and pepper chips!!!

I think it is a good whole grain snack, and actually has a lot of benefits including antioxidants. Might not be lots of protein, so make sure you're filling that gap with other things. But as far as 100 cal snacks go, it's a good choice!

I had no idea you could pop your own popcorn in a paper bag! :drinker:
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Tony Chacheries Cajun Seasoning!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I like to add nutritional yeast from the health food store. Love it!!!