difficult to stay with it

Options
I'm really good at exercising, but I eat complete crap and I think it would help if I had a support system to help me! I need support and advice!

Replies

• mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me for support of you would like... I could always use more friends! :) I understand how hard it is to stay away from junk food sometimes.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hi. When I started back around tax time it helped me to figure out what my weakness were and come up with a plan to satisfy the craving with less calories and move past the strong urges that I had.
    example, I loved zinger cakes and little debbies and they are worth about 800 calories. So in the beginning, I traded those cravings for a basic candy bar. They are much lower in calories and still felt like I was getting a treat. I still eat candy now and then but it's not like I have to get a candy bar cause I am going to work.

Another bad thing was stopping at McDonald's and consuming about 1500 calories between a sandwich and shake. I started ordering a differnt sandwich and smaller shakes to help stop the cycle. Now, if I get mcdonalds for ice cream it's just a basic cone or to eat might be a chicken wrap. The last time I went for my old regular I truely felt if was gross. I don't think I will ever drink an 800 calorie shake again. If I really want ice cream and something extra good. I will go for DQ blizard. At least I can chew it.

For me it just worked doing those little steps to move forward with healthier eating. Logging the calories really opened my eyes to the crazy amounts of food I was eating.

Just take each day at a time and don't give up.
  • Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    You are welcome to add me for more support and motivation.
    Good luck

shine
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I eat fresh unprocessed foods. I eat alot all day and stay around 1200 calories. I eat low carb, low sugar.
    You can add me if you would like : )
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Can't tell you how many great food items I have picked up from other people's diaries. Open yours, friend people who have theirs open and look to see what they eat. It's ok to have treats and cheat meals, but overall you should strive to have as few processed foods as possible. Good luck