Ghost?

Options
mandy0688
mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
Okay I know I may sound crazy but I didn't believe in ghost until like 10 mins ago. My manager claims we have a ghost in our hotel walking around the hotel with a white shirt and jeans. I still have never seen it. Guest have swore they have seen it. The manager claims that a guest will lose an item and while they are taking a shower with the room door locked and deadbolted will all of a sudden reappear. Well I was outside smoking a cigarette and I hear a mans voice saying "excuse me" it was very light and I jumped back got scared and looked around. NO ONE was around. I double checked and triple checked and saw nothing.

So does anyone have any ghost stories you want to share?

Replies

• coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I definitely believe but I haven't had a real experience to share.

Only thing - my boyfriend had the desktop on by itself for a couple of hours and looked over because he saw something move on the screen. Skype opened by itself we don't have it on auto - start or anything, but you might chalk that up to a bad computer haha.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    overnighters always think their workplace is haunted, too funny. the last shelter i was at was convinced that a little girl in a white dress was haunting the lower floor. residents claim to have seen it too. but i never saw nothing!
  • mandy0688
    Options
    I must have Paranormal activity stuck in my head. I am still shaking. Lol.
  • mandy0688
    Options
    overnighters always think their workplace is haunted, too funny. the last shelter i was at was convinced that a little girl in a white dress was haunting the lower floor. residents claim to have seen it too. but i never saw nothing!

I am not a person to believe in ghost but I heard that and there was no one around. I ran inside thinking someone was really out there. Its like 1:48 am here and I try not to go outside. But that was definately weird.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Not a ghost story but had to share: when my son was 8 he woke in the middle of the night screaming about not wanting his dad to go to work the next day. Begged for him not to go.

The next day a man that worked in the same area as his dad was killed in a accident and another was badly burned. I never told my son about it.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I could write a book detailing the run-ins I've had of the ghostly kind. Here are two 'more personal' incidents...

My grandfather passed in his 80's. Several weeks after the funeral I drove the three hour trip to go check on my grandmother. As I drove out to the edge of town (where their house is) I passed my grandfather driving his '72 Ford pick-up into town. We reflexively waved at each other and smiled as we drove past one another and I noticed his dog 'Shih Tzu' curled up on the front dashboard.

It suddenly dawned on me that 'Shih Tzu' had been dead for two years and my grandfather had been dead for several weeks. I quickly checked the rear view mirror and watched the pick-up truck disappear around the bend in the road noticing the homemade tailgate with our family name welded into the design. It was the only truck like it in the small town and the only tailgate like that anywhere on the planet.

I continued driving the remaining half-mile to the house where I found the pick-up truck where I had last parked it after grandpa had died (he had a heart attack in the truck, in the parking lot of the local masonic lodge). Getting out, I felt the hood of the truck. It was cold.

Walking into the house through the country kitchen I hollered to my grandmother to let her know I was there. She hollered back from the bedroom that she would be out in a minute. While this exchange was happening, I had caught my grandfather out of the corner of my eye waving to me in greeting from his favorite rocking chair pulled up close to the television. I had waved hello back but turned my head to the sound of my grandmother's voice from the back of the house during our exchange.

"Wait a minute... he can't be there... he's dead", I thought as I turned my head back to look. He was gone... but the rocking chair was still rocking back and forth as if he had just stood up from the chair.

At that point my grandmother entered the kitchen and we hugged and kissed and sat down for a cup of coffee. I didn't want to alarm her or cause her any grief but I HAD to say SOMETHING. So I began with... "you're not gonna believe what happened just now!" After I told her, she let out this immense sigh of relief and said, "So you've seen him too!" I'm so glad someone else has because I didn't want you to think I was going crazy!"

She proceeded to tell me how he had been spending hours with her sitting at the kitchen table (as his 20 something self) talking over all the great and wonderful memories of their lifetime together. She had been too afraid to mention it to anyone in the family for fear of being locked up and shipped off to the loony bin.

The second incident was not seeing a ghost per say. I was a railroad engineer driving a freight train to Pecos, Texas. Since we are not allowed to use our cell phones, I had mine turned off and left it sitting on the console above the throttle lever. As we were passing through a cellular dead zone down into the valley my phone began ringing. I looked at the display and it was a call from my grandmother!

I noticed the phone had no antenna signal but went ahead and answered it anyway. I heard lots of white noise and my grandmother's voice saying, "I love you son-shine."

I looked down and the phone was off. My conductor looked at me and asked, "How did you get a signal out here, and who was it?"

When I got to the hotel in Pecos, I called my dad and asked him what he had done with grandma's cell phone after the funeral. He said it was still on the family plan with his and mom's phone until the contract finished in a couple of months. When I asked him where the phone itself was, he said it was gathering dust on his dresser. He had swiped the battery out of it a few months back when his would no longer keep a charge.

I told him about the phone call and he just said, "You too, huh?"

Those are two ghost stories involving close family members. I have lots of others from various locations I have lived around the world, some in the States, some in Europe.
  • smimo
    smimo Posts: 34
    Options
    my recently lost my dad in April and then i started a new Job at the hospital here in town in May.

Im a PCAII-- which means i do everything besides give medications.
    so im doing my rounds and getting my patient's vitals and my blood pressure machine started to roll away from me. i pulled it back it rolled away. and it rolled away about 4 times and that last time it started to roll away and i just said "dad, stop messin with my machine" ...it stopped rolling.
  • smimo
    smimo Posts: 34
    Options
    Not a ghost story but had to share: when my son was 8 he woke in the middle of the night screaming about not wanting his dad to go to work the next day. Begged for him not to go.

The next day a man that worked in the same area as his dad was killed in a accident and another was badly burned. I never told my son about it.

the innocents of a child. <3
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I woke up one night and saw something at the foot of my friend's bed when I was over at her house.
    don't remember what it looked like but I couldn't move and felt like I was choking until my best friend opened the door and this blue goop flew out...
  • mandy0688
    Options
    I could write a book detailing the run-ins I've had of the ghostly kind. Here are two 'more personal' incidents...

My grandfather passed in his 80's. Several weeks after the funeral I drove the three hour trip to go check on my grandmother. As I drove out to the edge of town (where their house is) I passed my grandfather driving his '72 Ford pick-up into town. We reflexively waved at each other and smiled as we drove past one another and I noticed his dog 'Shih Tzu' curled up on the front dashboard.

It suddenly dawned on me that 'Shih Tzu' had been dead for two years and my grandfather had been dead for several weeks. I quickly checked the rear view mirror and watched the pick-up truck disappear around the bend in the road noticing the homemade tailgate with our family name welded into the design. It was the only truck like it in the small town and the only tailgate like that anywhere on the planet.

I continued driving the remaining half-mile to the house where I found the pick-up truck where I had last parked it after grandpa had died (he had a heart attack in the truck, in the parking lot of the local masonic lodge). Getting out, I felt the hood of the truck. It was cold.

Walking into the house through the country kitchen I hollered to my grandmother to let her know I was there. She hollered back from the bedroom that she would be out in a minute. While this exchange was happening, I had caught my grandfather out of the corner of my eye waving to me in greeting from his favorite rocking chair pulled up close to the television. I had waved hello back but turned my head to the sound of my grandmother's voice from the back of the house during our exchange.

"Wait a minute... he can't be there... he's dead", I thought as I turned my head back to look. He was gone... but the rocking chair was still rocking back and forth as if he had just stood up from the chair.

At that point my grandmother entered the kitchen and we hugged and kissed and sat down for a cup of coffee. I didn't want to alarm her or cause her any grief but I HAD to say SOMETHING. So I began with... "you're not gonna believe what happened just now!" After I told her, she let out this immense sigh of relief and said, "So you've seen him too!" I'm so glad someone else has because I didn't want you to think I was going crazy!"

She proceeded to tell me how he had been spending hours with her sitting at the kitchen table (as his 20 something self) talking over all the great and wonderful memories of their lifetime together. She had been too afraid to mention it to anyone in the family for fear of being locked up and shipped off to the loony bin.

The second incident was not seeing a ghost per say. I was a railroad engineer driving a freight train to Pecos, Texas. Since we are not allowed to use our cell phones, I had mine turned off and left it sitting on the console above the throttle lever. As we were passing through a cellular dead zone down into the valley my phone began ringing. I looked at the display and it was a call from my grandmother!

I noticed the phone had no antenna signal but went ahead and answered it anyway. I heard lots of white noise and my grandmother's voice saying, "I love you son-shine."

I looked down and the phone was off. My conductor looked at me and asked, "How did you get a signal out here, and who was it?"

When I got to the hotel in Pecos, I called my dad and asked him what he had done with grandma's cell phone after the funeral. He said it was still on the family plan with his and mom's phone until the contract finished in a couple of months. When I asked him where the phone itself was, he said it was gathering dust on his dresser. He had swiped the battery out of it a few months back when his would no longer keep a charge.

I told him about the phone call and he just said, "You too, huh?"

Those are two ghost stories involving close family members. I have lots of others from various locations I have lived around the world, some in the States, some in Europe.

Reading this actually gave me chills. :sad: Very sad story. Thanks for sharing.
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • for_emmalyn
    Options
    kind of funny i have always gotten that scared, adrenaline rush at the mere mention of ghosts, but havent actually had any true experiences myself. however my boyfriend has had several and has never felt any of them or that adrenaline rush that comes with it. the first thing that happened with him was when he was 6 months old riding in the middle of the night with his parents on some highway his mom was asleep as was he in gthe backseat when his dad heard a deep voice say "move over", he changed lanes and not even a mile down the road was a large pitch black car stopped dead in gthe lane they were in. would have done some serious damage had they not moved over.

another time he was at a friends house taking part in a 'ouija board party' and the flames on the candles started bending and flickering all over the place although there wasnt a breeze to be found. and whenever he was in the room the spirits would not talk to him they just kept saying they couldnt have anything to do with him. something fiercely protects him wherever he goes
  • mandy0688
    Options
    kind of funny i have always gotten that scared, adrenaline rush at the mere mention of ghosts, but havent actually had any true experiences myself. however my boyfriend has had several and has never felt any of them or that adrenaline rush that comes with it. the first thing that happened with him was when he was 6 months old riding in the middle of the night with his parents on some highway his mom was asleep as was he in gthe backseat when his dad heard a deep voice say "move over", he changed lanes and not even a mile down the road was a large pitch black car stopped dead in gthe lane they were in. would have done some serious damage had they not moved over.

another time he was at a friends house taking part in a 'ouija board party' and the flames on the candles started bending and flickering all over the place although there wasnt a breeze to be found. and whenever he was in the room the spirits would not talk to him they just kept saying they couldnt have anything to do with him. something fiercely protects him wherever he goes

After seeing the paranormal movie i would never play with a quija board lol. That creeped me out