Needed: Low Carb Friends!

Options
I really <3 all of my MFP friends, but sometimes they can be a little negative towards my choice to do low carb.
I am looking for some low carbing friends to add to my list to trouble shoot when the low carbing gets tough.

Please add me if you are also doing low carb!

Thanks!

-Sarah : )

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    Ho man....I do not think I could do it. I need me some carbs. What do you nocarbians use for body fuel? I mean, what else is there? Or do you guys just not do anything all day? Not meant to be insulting, I am just curious...
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    Not to mention....what will you reward yourself with?
  • lynnacuff
    Options
    i watch my carbs actually lowered them for my goals and raised the protein so if you would like add me.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Ho man....I do not think I could do it. I need me some carbs. What do you nocarbians use for body fuel? I mean, what else is there? Or do you guys just not do anything all day? Not meant to be insulting, I am just curious...

Well, the body fuel is what has been stored as fat! To respond to your second question, I use BACON as a reward!

Seriously, I just returned to no/low carbs because I was getting no where with the calorie counting. My strength training and cardio are actually easier than ever. Best news is that I'm having heavy whipping cream in my coffee. Yumdelishiosis!
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Sending request! I'm gluten intolerant so that cuts most carbs out. I eat almost only complex carbs from fruits and veggies, no bread or pasta for me!
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options

I get my carbs from more natural options or I eat limited amounts in the form of almond crackers. I honestly don't reward myself with anything, but that's just me. I don't like putting a certain food on a pedestal, makes it have more importance than it should. I instead will go and get some new running apparel or something. That is something I love!!
  • Deb2chef
    Deb2chef Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :)
  • mommyz722
    Options
    You can add me. I have been doing the Paleo 30 day challenge. I am on day 13 and loving it! No dairy, sugar, or grains. All natural food going into my mouth.:smile:
  • M4Squared
    M4Squared Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I have been doing keto for almost 5 months, and I love having new friends! :)
  • Sarahcuda
    Options
    Us Low Carbers get something that you low cal/ low fat people are never allowed... FAT! We get the whole foods... Cheese, butter, steak, bacon, eggs, sour cream... real food! Occassionaly I do miss the bread and rice... but then I just go make a nice juicy steak or some veggies covered in butter and the craving goes away! :)
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Ohh cheese! That is my Achilles heal! I adore cheese, especially sharp cheddar!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm not low carb at the moment, but it's because I'm not trying to lose at present. It's always been my go to weight loss plan. I still skip most processed carbs, so add me if you like. I certainly won't jump all over you for not eating carbs!
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I generally try to keep my carbs low (don't look at yesterday though). Low carbing is the only way I've ever been able to lose weight and keep it off. I got lazy about it and regained so trying to get back on the wagon and stay there. You can add me if you'd like.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Come on over to the relative safety of the low carb group :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/411-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group-

Plenty of helpful people there.

I've been doing it for 6 months (<50g carbs per day) and the lack of hunger and readjustment of my sweet tooth has made it worthwhile.

I'm heading for maintenance now so balancing the nutrition out a bit more (for variety) but I'll probably always be "carb-aware" as a result of the 6 months.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    south beach phase 2 here :) so add me if you like xx I love my friends, and I cant get my head around cal counting. I love my diet and dont miss anything in fact its not a diet its a lifestyle for me. lifes a beach and im enjoting it :wink:

Oh and my treats are nuts, dark chocolate, cheese, bacon xxx
  • Flan656
    Flan656 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Ive found that eating low carb has def got me the best results so far.. Would love a few more low carb friends!
    Although I've had a pretty bad week with mid term holidays, but back to normal today!
    Love coming up with new low carb ideas and recipes..

I eat a lot of omelettes, chicken, nuts, fage Greek yoghurt, protein pancakes, make my own frozen Greek yoghurt with blueberries and walnuts, yum yum!
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    Low carbing is great cause it decreases your cravings, and blocks your hunger. It is hardlly any trouble keeping under your calorie goals. Energy is generally not a problem during the day. Weight training is not necesarily easy, but at least your protein intake is great so the hard work in the gym is supported by adequate protein intake. To train an esspresso and some awesome music will pump you up as required (try "two steps from hell" epic music and you'll be ready to slay giants)
    As to the eating rewards i feel that cream fat and cheese outweigh pasta and breat. Also carbquick and such allow for waffle and pancakes, muffins and such so there is no problem in that area. Sugar free Whipped cream, lo carb cheesecake, lo carb brownies... Awesome greens like brocolli and cheese, or asparragus and cheese rock, and i used to hate veggies. If you have some imagination you will not feel deprived.
    My skin cleared up in a jiffy and my cholesterol and trigliceride numbers cleared up as well (they were not horribly high to begin with but they are now smack in the middle of the target range)

So this is why I like low carbing... ooops forgot to mention Ive lost 16 lbs in 6 weeks when I was unable to loose on a low fat diet where i could not stop thinking about food.

Low carbing may not be for everyone, but I'm quite sure its good for me. Just sent you the friend request,
  • drzira
    drzira Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Low Carb / High Fat for about six months and love it.

If anyone wants to add me, please do.