My success - 2/3rds of the way to goal

Options
I started with MFP in 2007. Back then I was a fit marathon runner who used the site to make sure I was eating enough of the right foods.

...fast forward 5 years, a divorce, a long distance move and a long illness that did a number to my body and my fitness. I'm now using the site to un-do the damage that was done over a long period of time.

I'm coming up on month eight of consistent logging. I haven't been perfect, but I've definitely put a lot of work into this. I haven't lost quickly, but I've put muscle back on and I've made steady progress. My eye-opener? I saw a photo of my daughter and I at a school function this last February and couldn't believe who I'd become. I didn't recognize myself.

I started back with MFP on March 6th, 2012 with the site giving me 1300 calories a day. I lost a few pounds but I was starving every day. I read something that Helloitsdan posted and followed him to a group where he put some numbers together for me. That was the beginning of greatness. I started eating between 1600-1900 calories every day. I coupled that with some advice from another friend here on MFP who put together a weight training program for me. I definitely credit him for so much of my success, not only for his brilliance with my workouts but his constant support - -Thanks, R. I started losing with this help but soon the scale stalled. However, something else began to happen ....I started losing inches. I lost 2 pant sizes in two months - but no weight. Then, as quickly as the scale stalled it started moving again. I've now lost almost 30 lbs and I can see the end in sight. I've set some amazing PRs with my lifting but I won't stop here. I have my goals set to become very, very strong and with the help and support of my MFP friends I know I can do that.

So, use the site... use it to track your food, exercise... utilize the knowledge of your friends. Surround yourself with like-minded people and just succeed. It's not that hard when you're enjoying the ride...

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help, kindness, friendships. I definitely log in every day for two reasons... my health, and my friends.

Thank you again for the past 8 months....

Me in 2006 - goal weight
Shelpink.jpg

The dreadful photo that started it all
resized2.jpg

1000 lbs on the leg press.... LOL
186867_7544.jpg

This morning... 18 lbs left to go to my 2006 weight
newphoto.jpg

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    you look faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan tas tic!!!

WTG Shells, I :heart: you!!!

:smooched:
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    wow, amazing! congrats!
  • pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great! You look more toned in the mid-section now than in the 2006 photo, good for you!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look awesome! From one "road mapper" to another - WELL DONE! Keep us updated on your progress!!!
  • CarolinaMoon76
    Options
    Wonderful post - and you look great!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    YOU my friend are absolutely amazing!! Great job and DAMN woman with that weight - I :heart: YOU!!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Heartwarming post, way to go. You look fantastic.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Great work!! I've been TRYING to increase my calories and adding weight training, but the scale just keeps going up!! Thanks for showing me that this method can work!
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Looking good, WTG.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Very inspirational. You look great. What a change.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous! Congrats!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sating your story and congrats on your success!!
  • stacyhall79
    Options
    amazing! You look fantastic!
  • slap1225
    slap1225 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    mmm mmm SEXY girl! You do look amamzing and truth is until I saw that picture I didnt realize how much you changed. YOU ARE AMAZING!!! keep it up! love ya!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look wonderful!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful girl - Before & After :flowerforyou:

Thank you for posting this - The way you look now is what I want to look like at my goal weight !!! :bigsmile:

:heart: :heart:
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Great work!! I've been TRYING to increase my calories and adding weight training, but the scale just keeps going up!! Thanks for showing me that this method can work!

Yes it does work. You just need to trust the process. So much happens in your body...fluctuations... don't get discouraged. Keep eating and lifting!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!