Over eating:sad:

Options
I have to eat 1200 calories a day. I just ate breakfast, and guess what. My breakfast is almost 1000 calories.. Now i have to eat less... :noway: I dont know how to control what im eating. Help me!!!:sad:

Replies

• fifi
    fifi Posts: 9
    Options
    I have to eat 1200 calories a day. I just ate breakfast, and guess what. My breakfast is almost 1000 calories.. Now i have to eat less... :noway: I dont know how to control what im eating. Help me!!!:sad:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    What did you eat for breakfast? And do you feel full?
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Don't get too discouraged...I have the same problem. Sometimes writing what you're going to eat BEFORE you eat it can help you can a picture of how many calories you're putting in your mouth. Also, drinking a large glass of water, waiting 10 minutes, and then eating might make you not feel so hungry. If all else fails, try and add a little more exercise in your day, even if it's parking farther away in the parking lot or taking the stairs in the elevator. Then you can use all that energy up!!!
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    What did you eat for breakfast? Maybe someone could help you make adjustments for tomorrow. :smile:

Remember to log on what you are planning to eat :wink: BEFORE :wink: you eat it this can help you make better choices :flowerforyou:

24167.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi

To allow more calories for the day; take an hour long walk and input it into your exercise sheet.

Then stick to low calorie content for rest of day.

The calorie allowance of 1200 per day is to ensure a constant steady weight loss, if you go over slightly its not the end of the world, but your weight loss will be slower so don't lose heart.

Have a look at the calorie content before going there... I'm new to calorie counting but at end of first week/beginning of second got into the swing of it.

A low fat omelette with a couple of eye whites (without yolks) and vegetable low calorie fillers is enough for a lunch/later dinner. Tomatoes and peppers are good fillers and low GI. Maybe you could have this tonight.

A medium banana is good for after a work/workout as full of potassium and low in calories for fuel for your body. Its also low GI which will help with levelling out blood sugar levels and help stop cravings as well as provide energy over a period of time.

Pumpernickel whole grain rye bread is another good filller; maybe with some beans ...

Mags

60770.png
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    Go exercise and earned some more calories.
  • fifi
    Options
    Thanks people.. You see, i eat rice everyday. So maybe that's the reason.. I'm going for a long walk... Seriously.. :smile: Thanks..

fifi
  • loveyalord
    loveyalord Posts: 3
    Options
    I so relate to what your feeling. I am an abuser of food. I can do good all day but at night i blow it. I also need help.
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    There's nothing bad in rice, IMO.
    Did you try brown rice? It's healthier.
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yeah late night is my weak area too.

I know I have to keep calories for at least a couple of low calorie snacks/ one light meal after having a relatively healthy day and knowing I can survive without, know I could want something anyway.

I exercise 3/4 times a week and allow the extra calories a buffer zone for myself so that I can dip in after the 1200 allotted and if I don't eat all my calories burnt its OK too.

I try to keep them low GI usually to stop cravings but chocolate, etc. does get in there. It does help to plan your day online and know where your at even if it changes over time you get to know the calorie content in things and have a rough idea what you might be able to have.

Mags

60770.png
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Try oatmeal for breakfast. 1 serving of it, 1 tbpl peanut butter, 1 tblp maple syrup is 320 calories which is way less than what you quoted and it is very filling. Just a thought.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Fi,

the most important thing for people to understand is that in order to have good solid, consistancy, you need to sit down ahead of time, and plan out your days. Plan out far enough in advance to be able to go shopping for a week or two. If you don't, you will find yourself going to the store for food irregularly, which leads to buying more/other things that you didn't initially plan for, and really dropping out of your pattern. Pattern and developing good habits is one of the most important things to develop with any change in eating. If you break your habits, or have constantly changing eating patterns, it becomes next to impossible to keep a regular, stable diet.

So sit down, develop a well thought out plan for a day, then find foods that fit into that plan, lay out 5 to 10 days of that type of food, and then go shopping. This way, you don't necessarily have to eat the same thing every day, just similar types and caloric amounts for any one period. I don't limit myself daily to one specific food, I just know what types and amounts I can have every day, that way when the morning comes and I need to gather food for a full day, I just get a bag, toss in 8 things (including lunch, a bunch of snacks, and breakfast if I'm not able to eat breakfast at home) and I'm off. No need to really think about it further then just seeing what I am in the mood for that day.

hope this helps.

-Banks
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I noticed your goal is to lose quite a bit of weight... perhaps you should aim for more like, 1800 or 2000 calories, let your body adjust, then lower it as you lose weight.

I started at 215 lbs eating 1850 calories/day to lose 1.5 lbs/week.
    I'm at 180 right now at 1400 calories/day. If you set your calorie goal super low right from the start, it's going to be super hard.

Just something to consider...:flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I can't agree more with planning your meals. When I first started I planned for a whole week, and it really worked. Now I know what I can eat for my meals. Plan Plan Plan.
    I continue to plan in my head and have not bought junk food for 3 months. I have eatedn out on weekends and made bad choices but I am working on that. lol

44118.png
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    A bannana is 200 calories.

Try an apple instead.

However, it is pretty good for replacing potassium...although spinach is good, too.
  • fifi
    Options
    Thanks people... :heart: :happy:
  • frankp
    frankp Posts: 83
    Options
    I noticed your goal is to lose quite a bit of weight... perhaps you should aim for more like, 1800 or 2000 calories, let your body adjust, then lower it as you lose weight.

I started at 215 lbs eating 1850 calories/day to lose 1.5 lbs/week.
    I'm at 180 right now at 1400 calories/day. If you set your calorie goal super low right from the start, it's going to be super hard.

Just something to consider...:flowerforyou:

+1 to that

Set your goal at 0.5 pound a week and you'll get more calories and have success with less stress.