Running in the am

So I have only been running for 2+ months now, but working out regularly since May. I am personally not a morning person and have 2 little kids and basically have to work out early or late. I have managed to run in the evenings every time but twice. Now that the time is changing, I'm going to have to switch to mornings if I want to keep it up. The 2 times I ran early it kind of threw me off all day. I was hungrier than usual and achey all over and exhausted all day. I do not experience that when I work out in the evenings. I feel the same way when I do workout videos in the mornings, so I have pretty much avoided doing them early. My basic question is will these feelings go away with time and getting into a routine? If not, I may end up doing my running on a treadmill over the winter, which I would rather avoid. Thanks!

Replies

• Gimme 3 cups of coffee and 6 miles and I can whip Godzilla's *kitten*. Running in the morning puts lead in the pencil.

But, I was a morning person before running. My opinion may not count.
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Recently I haven't been able to wake up in the mornings to run, but I used to love going at around 6am.
    I found that it set me up for the rest of the day,
    I made better food choices because I had exercised and generally lost more weight
    I'm slowly trying to get back on it as it worked really well for me!
    You are right though, I used to feel hungrier, as if my body was burning away al, the food :)