Need More support because...

Options
I recently started a new job and its 6-10am Mon-Fri. I find myself thinking "oh well" and similar thoughts when I eat bad food, then realise i have let myself down and end up feeling rubbish!

When I get home at 10am, i feel hungry and end up skipping breakfast and eating a meal instead! By the end of the day I eat rubbish foods and its no wonder I have come to a complete stand still.

I need people who can help me with this, encourage me etc.

I have lost 25-27 lbs so far (depending on what I am at the moment- i rarely have time for a proper weigh in now) and want to lose a further stone (14 lbs)

My birthday is in 6 days too- so i need more friends as a gift! :) I blog often, post and update often too :)
http://bluemorpho1247.wordpress.com

Look forward to see the encouragement out there :D

so far:

face.jpg
146-6.jpg?w=560

Replies

• Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • vicktoria339
    Options
    Hi, i work twelve hr shifts and get to eat when theres half an hr spare - i lean on things such as eggs on toast to fill me up, only 300 cals. Ill also eat large breakfasts (baked beans, toast, tomatoes, scrambled eggs, quorn sausages) which may be bout 600 calories but also keep me going all day. Hpe this helps - friend request sent too :-)
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    you're progress so far is amazing and you should be really proud :-)
    what DID strike me in your post is this : "skipping breakfast and eating a meal instead"
    breakfast is a meal!!! perhaps make more of it? I've recently been finding that having higher cal breakfast (400-500cals) has really helped me stay on track. Perhaps making a bigger deal out breakfast might help?
  • Louise1247
    Options
    Thanks !!

and hannah, If i eat a big meal first thing, i end up going wayyyyy over ! :( x

I end up eating a lot more later on, thus gaining more weight etc- Im a little scared to find out what I weigh right now!

Thanks so far for your support :D
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am a firm believer in snacking snacking snacking! i have gobbs of stuff in my bag at work and with me at all times. i rarely eat large meals anymore. when i snack it's healthy stuff. carrots, cheese sticks, peppers, granola, popcorn, apples, cracker and hummus...and so on. i don't allow myself to get hungry. when i get hungry that's when i want to gorge. i eat something almost every two hours. even if i can only pop a bite into my mouth. it's working for me. i've lost 13 lbs so far (just can't post it yet until my official weigh in on wed) i have just over 100 lbs to lose and this is really working for me. You can do this!!
  • CrystalX82
    CrystalX82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    technically, you should be eating a big meal first thing... breakfast fuels your body and metabolism for the whole day, it should be your highest calorie meal. Either that or keep your meals consistent, like 5 small meals at 300 calories a piece, with a healthy snack if you're hungry in between.
  • Louise1247
    Options
    Thanks for the request :)

I cant snack at work as I clean for 4 hours, and I do not have time to eat in the morning as i wake at 4.50 leave at 5.30 and then work which makes me wanna eat tonnes at home! Maybe if I have egg on toast on home arrival :)

I Do have a lot of healthy snacks available, I just cannot eat whilst walking or working x
  • Louise1247
    Options
    technically, you should be eating a big meal first thing... breakfast fuels your body and metabolism for the whole day, it should be your highest calorie meal. Either that or keep your meals consistent, like 5 small meals at 300 calories a piece, with a healthy snack if you're hungry in between.

SO this would be a good opportunity then! My point was though, for example, i came home and ate a whole oven pizza just the other day!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I find that when I eat breakfast I tend to be hungrier all day long and more apt to run out of calories earlier in the day. If it works better for a person to skip breakfast, there is nothing wrong with that. If you are getting your calories and nutrients in each day, it does not matter at all how you time them or when you eat the bulk of them.

Is there something you can have planned out and easy to throw together when you get home? A salad? Maybe planning the night before for the next day would help.
  • Louise1247
    Options
    I used to plan all the time, and it worked. I end up not wanting what I planned now though I think I need to settle into the routine and see what works. The only prob with that is i keep making the bad choices first! :)
  • EZaccone85
    EZaccone85 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey Louise,

I am glad to have you as a friend on here...not just a friend but a family member, I will help you out as much as I can!! We are here for each other.

I try to make my breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner the day before I eat it...I work 12 hour shifts 7am till 7pm, so its crutial for me to make it the day before or I go hungry, since there is no cafeteria in this hospital (stand alone ER)..lol

I usally keep a big bag of goodies in the fridge at work (labeled like crazy with my name on it..lol) Broccoli with Cheese Steamables, Black olives, Pickles, Tomatoes with Italian dressing, Apples and caramel, Watermelon and Cantelope bowl, string cheese and for lunch a turkey sandwich on the wheat thin bread with mayo and colby jack cheese!!

I hope this helps!!
  • Louise1247
    Options
    Hey Louise,

I am glad to have you as a friend on here...not just a friend but a family member, I will help you out as much as I can!! We are here for each other.

I try to make my breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner the day before I eat it...I work 12 hour shifts 7am till 7pm, so its crutial for me to make it the day before or I go hungry, since there is no cafeteria in this hospital (stand alone ER)..lol

I usally keep a big bag of goodies in the fridge at work (labeled like crazy with my name on it..lol) Broccoli with Cheese Steamables, Black olives, Pickles, Tomatoes with Italian dressing, Apples and caramel, Watermelon and Cantelope bowl, string cheese and for lunch a turkey sandwich on the wheat thin bread with mayo and colby jack cheese!!

I hope this helps!!

Thanks! Its helpful, as is all the advice :)

I will try to plan more, and try to stick to it. Not only will it help my weight, but my money too!

Thanks xxx
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the request :)

I cant snack at work as I clean for 4 hours, and I do not have time to eat in the morning as i wake at 4.50 leave at 5.30 and then work which makes me wanna eat tonnes at home! Maybe if I have egg on toast on home arrival :)

I Do have a lot of healthy snacks available, I just cannot eat whilst walking or working x

Hey Louise-- You would not have such success thus far making excuses. You have done fabulous, but it seems as if you simply need to make some adjustments and plan your meals to accomadate your work schedule. 6-10am is not a bad schedule, (at least to me) beccause you have the entire day to yourself. Use the days to preplan. What if you get some 100 cals packets of nuts, or packets of baby carrotts to snack on during work. Keep them in your pocket. Perhaps you can creat a weekly menu and have all indredients on hand during the week, to avoid over eating or worse becoming frustrated to the point of binging because you dont know what to eat. Planning keeps you organized and you will know EXACTLY what you are having for breakfast lunch and dinner. Try that.. see what happends.
  • Louise1247
    Options
    Ill try! Cant promise anything

I wont carry food at work as cleaning is unhygienic for food!
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ill try! Cant promise anything

I wont carry food at work as cleaning is unhygienic for food!

Understood. I hope you find something that works for you so you can continue on your journey. Best of luck and take care.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd plan something I could eat on the way to work. It's kind of hard on your body to work without fuel; that's probably why you binge when you get home. I have some meal-replacement bars on hand (Odwalla strawberry-pomegranate) for when I have to get going and don't have time to put together a meal.

You've had success in the past, so you know how to do this. Good luck getting back on track!
  • Norm48
    Norm48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think I can help,or at leas I will try. I'm home all day and have the same trouble . When you are hungry,try some nuts. I eat Emerald Natural Almonds. I also go for my water. I drink Fruit 2,o. Not a big fan of regular water. I have lost 36 lbs,and have 9 lbs more to go. This is from Feb. you can d o this. My wife has done this along with me,so has my sister-inlaw and a close friend. We all need help at times. You can do this.
  • Louise1247
    Options
    Thanks so much for this guys :) i will eat my fiber bar on the way to work! Its 6-9g fiber depending on the flavour- not too big but perfect for that.
    (Kelloggs all bran bars)

Then, hopefully when I return home I will grab either porridge if i want something sweet, or egg on toast if i fancy something cooked!

:)