Crockpot/Slow Cooker Recipe Ideas

Options
Hi everyone! I've heard a lot about slow cooking and bought a Crockpot. Any easy recipe ideas or website suggestions? I don't eat much much, mostly chicken, so meatless recipes would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

Replies

• seamonkey789
    Options
    My boyfriend just made one where he tossed a quorn loaf in there with veggies and curry and we added Greek yogurt at the end and some paneer. We served it over rice.

I also like to throw split peas in there with veggie broth then add barley towards the end.

Any of the peas and beans you make in there, soak them over night and just set it on low in the morning and it's ready for dinner when you get home
  • scottages
    Options
    I think I heard about this recipe on one of the forums here. It is not meatless - but so easy and so good!

Salsa Chicken

1 jar favorite Salsa (chunky variety works best)
    4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
    1 can corn

Low 7 hours, High 4 hours (if chicken breasts are frozen add one hour)

Once finished cooking take chicken breasts out of crockpot and place in large bowl. With two forks shred the chicken. Once shredded, add back to crockpot and stir.

Notes: Use "plump" chicken breasts - not the thin or flattened individually vacuum sealed ones for this recipe. Make sure the Salsa you use completely covers the chicken. You can supplement the jar of Salsa with a can of diced tomatoes or open and use portion from second jar if needed.

I love this recipe - it is so easy and the shredded chicken is so flavorful. I live alone, so this makes a lot for just me. I used the shredded chicken in flour tortilla rolls, on top of salad, in a baked potato. It worked great for dinner that first night and as leftovers for lunches, etc.
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    http://venganacomer.blogspot.com/2011/03/barbacoa.html

Says to put in oven, but I put in all day on low in my crockpot. All day for me is 10 hours (at work) :)