HEEELLLP .... NEED TO LOOSE WEIGHT FAST

Options
HELLO everyone i am 5,8 and currently 186 and have lost 22 pounds... i am eating very less.. i need to loose 40 lbs minimum by the end of december because i have my sisters wedding so can anyone please help me

Replies

• Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I don't think 40 lbs is doable in 7 weeks. That is .67 lb a day. I don't see it happening. Shoot for 20.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    With only needing to lose another 22 lbs total, there is no way to lose it in 2 months. Weight loss slows way down as we get closer to our goals. You can safely lose about 1-2 lbs a week, so you could maybe lose half of that with hard work. Good Luck.
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Not going to happen unless you do some crazy, unhealthy diet. You should have started awhile ago. This wedding, I'm assuming, is not something you just heard of. Best advice I have for you is to eat clean, exercise frequently and not get your hopes up about losing 40 pounds in less than 2 months.
  • WinwillLose
    Options
    Try a healthy diet, like south beach. You can loose a large amount of weight before then if you add in exercise to can work on changing your shape. But loose it for yourself and be happy to be healthy. I quite smoking 7 years ago with the mind set of wanting to live a healthy life, I am putting that same focus on my diet efforts. This is the last time I will need to drop some lbs, because I wont' be gaining them back.

Exercise will speed up the weight loss and reshape your body. And it will make you feel amazing and confident.
  • ryanband
    ryanband Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You would basically need to burn about 2,900 calories per day more than you're taking in everyday over 7 week, which probably wouldn't be healthy.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, you won't get the loss you want in the amount of time you've got, unfortunately, but you can still make some amazing transformations and start some new healthy habits now!

Start tracking all your food, make sure you eat healthy, plenty of protein, plenty of water - skip the "diet stuff", just healthy real foods. Start moving - some form of exercise, walking, ride a bike, grab a kickboxing DVD. And if you have access to a gym or weights at home, start picking them up!

Crash diets or pills will not do you any favors. You may lose a little weight, but it will not be sustainable, and you will likely not feel very good, especially when the weight comes right back. Better to do it right, and then keep going after the wedding! Take photos now for your before photos, then the wedding photos will show how much progress you've made, and be a marker of progress as you continue into the new year.

You can do it! And just by making those healthy commitments now, you will see a difference, and be able to rock that dress at your sister's wedding.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to lose 40 lbs? If you don't, are you banned from the wedding?
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's very unhealthy and truly unrealistic to think you can lose that much weight that fast. You could, however, begin weight training -- where your fat is turning to muscle .. your muscle will weigh more anyway than fat.. So you may be able to lose the INCHES needed to look your best.

You will still need to eat at a calorie deficit and I do your best to not eat back your exercise calories for best and optimum results in fat burning and weight loss.

Sadly .. as everyone has stated .. short of some expensive surgery to lipo all that fat away .. and then you'll be bruised and sore (as I assume you wouldn't be able to just call and make an appointment for next week) --- there is no healthy way to lose that much in such a short time. That's unreasonable. Even MFP would not recommend you losing more than 2 lbs a week .. much less nearly a pound a day!

You're best success in looking thinner and being healthier would be to use weights to tone and build your muscle.. and even 2 months wouldn't shape you that fast .. but you could potentially lose a LOT of inches if you worked out really really hard and ate healthy.
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    This poster is a fraud. Look at the profile. nothing is put in, and had 3 posts since summer of last year. Talking to a wall here.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    HELLO everyone i am 5,8 and currently 186 and have lost 22 pounds... i am eating very less.. i need to loose 40 lbs minimum by the end of december because i have my sisters wedding so can anyone please help me
    I pray you mean you need to lose the last 18lbs by December. If so, that is possible. 8 weeks until the 30th, so you could lose 2.25lbs per week. It is not really healthy to maintain that quick of a weight loss though, so you have to figure out what is important, fitting an outfit, or your health now. It also can not be done any other way than the usual hard work, diet and exercise.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    This poster is a fraud. Look at the profile. nothing is put in, and had 3 posts since summer of last year. Talking to a wall here.
    That doesn't make them a "fraud". Not technically. It just makes them desperate to lose weight and uneducated on the topic, sadly.
  • blondieee202
    blondieee202 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I put two pictures on my fridge one of a large women and one of a Victoria Secret model so I can encourage myself everytime I go to my fridge to not over do it! :p thats a little helpful thing. You should cut out sodas and any fast foods! I'm currently using slimquick which seems to help! You should always eat breakfast so by the time lunch comes you don't feel like eating everything you can find! Lol! Protein is best for breakfast because it'll fill you up very well so I'd go for a couple eggs! maybe sunnyside up with a whole grain waffle to dip in the egg yolks! Thats what I do it's very filling and yummy! (: but good luck!!! And ignore any rude comments! Stay positive whether you loose 50 pounds or 5 pounds it's still a huge accomplishment (:
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    What's the rush? Surely you will not be banned from attending if you don't meet this goal.
    If you succeed at losing the weight fast, you'll surely put it back on by the time the honeymoon is over.
    Good luck.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    everyone thank you for your replies... but you don't have to be mean and rude .. if you don't think i can loose this much weight than simply don't reply ... but keep your comments like die to yourself... i know i can loose this amount of weight and i will

Look, here are the facts: You'd need a HUGE calorie deficit to lose 40lbs by the end of December. That is less then 8 weeks(a healthy weight loss is 2lbs a week or 16 lbs). If you are VERY overweight or obese, you COULD drop more weight than that to start(there are people losing 4lbs a week for a few weeks before it slows down) but you will not be able to lose 40lbs in 8 weeks without doing something extreme. This site is not for the extreme dieter, it is for getting healthy both in food consumption and an active life style. If you don't understand that, then you are in the wrong place to be honest. People around here don't take this lightly and we all work very hard to lose weight and get healthy the right way, and we don't like those looking for shortcuts or talking about potentially unhealthy or unrealistic goals.
  • kemarryat
    kemarryat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You sound very determined to lose an awful lot of weight in record time - and that would take some pretty drastic tactics that might not be good for your overall health. I really urge you to try to lose 20 at a very reasonable 2 or so pounds a week. If you lose 20, you should look better in time for the wedding, even if it's not exactly where you want to be. (I go for the "progress not perfection" theory.)

My best advice: watch your calories/carbs and do cardio 7 days a week. Nothing burns calories faster and it really jump started my weight loss. Also - make sure you eat at least the minimum amount of calories recommended for you. If you don't, your weight loss will stall. (Ask me how I know!)

Good luck!
  • been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The only way to HELP you is to encourage you to grit your teeth and own up to what you have done.

If there is a dress to fit into NOW is the time to get it altered.

sorry but some things take time.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    40 pounds in 7 weeks is not going to happen.

Maybe try 20, max, & that's if you're quite overweight.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    http://www.neatorama.com/2009/03/30/10-craziest-diets-in-history/
    Hope this helps

The Chewing Diet

The chewing diet was popularized in the Edwardian Era by Horace Fletcher. He believed that chewing allowed food to be properly absorbed into the body. Insufficient chewing would lead to constipation and clog up the digestive tract, said Fletcher. He lost 40 pounds in just four months using the diet he created. Dr. Kellogg was a friend and fan of Fletcher and he required patients at his sanatorium to participate in the chewing diet as well as a variety of other weight loss methods.

To properly implement the chewing diet, a person must chew each bite over 32 times, which takes approximately 30 seconds. After chewing is done, the person then tilts his or her head back and allows the food to trickle down their throat. Anything that is still too big to swallow must be spit out. The desire to eat things likely diminishes after a period on this diet, so it does work as you begin to eat less food.

Possible Side Effects May Include: A sore jaw. Much longer meal times. Annoyed and disgusted friends.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear MyFitnessPals,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

You may review the forum guidelines in their entirety at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Tommy
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.