diary question

Options
do you think it's easier to show your diary or not ? Do you guys fell and lose weight more or not ?

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    It depends on you. Are you going to be able to be open and honest with your logging if you know your friends on here are going to see everything you eat? Are you going to be honest if no one can see your diary? Do what is going to work best for you, and don't worry about what anyone else does.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I keep mine closed because I hate people commenting on my food choices. I eat what I like to eat and I don't care if you think I shouldn't have had a cookie, or had an Iced Capp for lunch!
  • keepersmom8
    Options
    My diary is open to my friends, but that doesn't impact my logging. I need to be 100% honest with myself, regardless of who is watching.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    i keep mine open and i like to have my pals keep theirs open, too. i refrain from commenting on select food choices my friend's make unless it's something healthy. i would never point out that pizza they had for dinner, but that's just me..

keeping mine public makes me more unwilling than usual to go crazy on certain food items. lol, if embarrassment is what stops me, so be it!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, but it hasn't always been. I find that it keeps me honest and I want my friends to see that I eat a lot and include lots of treats. I've had one or two people get a bit snotty about my food choices, but I know I could not have got this far eating clean.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends, but I'm toying with the option of opening to everyone. I have actually thought a couple of times about not adding something to my diary because I didn't want people to know how bad I was, but always ended up adding anyway. I prefer to be able to see my friends' diaries in order to give them support, but for some reason most of my friends eat stuff I can't support, so it just makes me angry looking. Not sure why most of them are my friends, to be honest. I eat a lot, and 2/3 of my friends eat under 1200. Why? I work out a lot and burn very little, but all my friends seem to burn 1000 calories per workout. How? Anyway, leaving my diary open, but reconsidering looking at other people's unless they specifically ask for advice, and then gonna tell them what I think.
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I had my closed for a long time, but when I started meeting some friends,who I felt were very supportive I then opened and shared my journal with them. At the end of the day you have to hold yourself accountable and when you cheat your only cheating yourself! Some people can be very helpful when your stuck on a plateau or give advise. Good luck!:smile:
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    mine is open and while I try to make healthy choices I also know that I am on a tight budget and sometimes need to use things that cut my cost (ie: hamburger helpper w/o pasta I subitute it but count the same cal count even though it is actually less)

Anycase keeping it open is up to you and how you feel about it. If someone doesnot like me because what my diary says oh well, at least I am trying, thats more than I can say for other people i know.
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be open but I locked it after some pseudo nitritionists were telling me what they thought I should be eating.
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open to my friends, who don't jump down my throat for my choices- in fact they're all awesomely supportive. (If they did- I'd be jumping towards the delete button!) I really like reading other peoples diaries, mainly to get a few meal ideas, and I certainly think there's the added mindset to not splurge quite as often.

However, upon saying that, just to echo everybody else, my diary is mine. There is no point lying to myself about what goes in there- it's only myself that I'm going to have to answer to at the end of the day. If I want that extra doughnut it's not my friend's thighs it's travelling to!
  • LeighAnna115
    Options
    I have used this sight before and kept my diary closed, this time around my diary is open to my friends. Personally having an open diary works well for me for three reasons

1. If I'm having difficulties or need nutrition advice my friends can easily help.

2. I like the "in it together" mind frame and am less likely to go off my diet when my food choices are open for everyone to see.

3. It's easy to share healthy meal ideas and low-cal snack with friends. (I love getting ideas from friends' diaries)

A big consideration is if you are going to be honest with an open diary or not. Don't not log it because you don't want anyone to see. If you think you can stay honest logging wise with an open diary the benefits will probably work in your favor. If not, just keep it closed. Personally if I have an off day nutritionally no one harps on me, they just say "I've been there, tomorrow's a new day!" Or something like that.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I honestly don't care what anyone thinks about it. However if I decided to ask a question of the community forums then I don't feel anyone would be able to help me if they couldn't see it.