I eat even when I'm full? How can I control my appetite??

Options
13»

Replies

• gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I hate to revisit this topic, but you don't seem to grasp that you're eating fewer calories per day than what would be considered medically acceptable to feed a two year old. Infants are recommended 45 calories per day per pound. So, if you weighed about 14 pounds, 600 calories would be ideal.

Whether or not your hunger drive is screwed up, your body needs more nutrition than your feeding it. My bet is that if you doubled your calories you'd feel better, perform better, and actually look better over time. Your skin, hair, nails, bones, etc. all require adequate nutrition. You might gain a couple of pounds the first couple of weeks, but it would level off and likely come back off in the weeks following.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Do you even realize how triggering you are? I hope your account gets deleted ASAP. I'm so SICK of your posts.

Not to mention how embarrassing it is for those of us who drop in with some appetite supression suggestions without reading the whole thread or looking at the girl's diary to find out she is starving herself! Sheesh! :laugh:

Totally embarrassing... :noway:

Seriously?
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Ugh, it's you again.

I'm not normally a negative type person but this was my thought also.

I know you posted last week and you have been told the same things over and over. You are NOT eating enough period. What bothers me is that you aren't listening. You are 18 years old, you work out very hard and you should be taking care of your body. You're not. Instead you wonder why you are hungry and how can you quit eating. I really think you should be talking to a physician and not us. You are not going to get different answers by posing your question differently. The same equation is always you and not enough food. Please think about this.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    One day you ate SEVEN gummy vitamins! THAT is NOT good for you! Many vitamins are TOXIC in large quantities.

PLEASE STOP ASKING QUESTIONS HERE AND GET MEDICAL HELP!
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Do you even realize how triggering you are? I hope your account gets deleted ASAP. I'm so SICK of your posts.

Not to mention how embarrassing it is for those of us who drop in with some appetite supression suggestions without reading the whole thread or looking at the girl's diary to find out she is starving herself! Sheesh! :laugh:

This! I came back to the thread only to realize that there were any number of other problems here. I tend to agree with the others - you're clearly already skinny, you say you work out at 7-14 times a week on average, you're taller than I am and your start weight is my goal weight (at your height and goal weight, your BMI would be around 17-18; anything under 18 is underweight!), and calorie wise you're averaging half of what the minimum recommended calorie amount is. Please, please - see a doctor, realize you look fine, eat more, exercise more - I am almost 100% certain that to look the way you want ALL you'd need to do would be eat more protein and work out more, to turn any remaining "flab" (not that I believe there could be much!) into muscle. Good luck!
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    There is a sugar free gum from Wrigley's it is labeled Extra Dessert Delights and comes in several flavors. My brother and I went out to eat and when the check came there was 2 sticks of gum on the tray. I remarked how dumb it was because not everyone chews gum. My brother popped a piece in his mouth and told me I had to try it as it was great. I looked at the wrapper and it was mint chocolate chip flavored. I tried it and it was great. It gave your tastebuds the idea it had some dessert. I bought some at our local grocery store and keep it handy if I feel like eating something. I chew a stick and it not only satisfies my chewing sensation but also eases my thought that I need to eat something. I am having a problem with stress eating and / or eating when I am still not hungry and this seems to help and it's no-cal and no sugar, so it is a great aid to curb the habit of overeating. I know it helps me.
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    from teading your other online posts you are aware that you have a problem, you even said on one that you were scared of upping your calorie intake. you seriously need to go find help.
  • Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Edited
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This is probably going to fall upon deaf ears, but seriously, GET HELP.

You eat s@#% all and work out way too much for what you currently eat. There's no way you're getting full on a 600 calorie net per day. And even if you think you are, this is your body trying to tell you that you DON'T FRICKEN EAT ENOUGH!

One can only deduce that you're either stupid, or have a serious problem. Either way, seek help and get better educated; and the MFP forums are not the place to do that.
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Safe and unsafe foods is not a healthy relationship with food. You do realize that you need fats, there are essential vitamins that are only fat soluble so eating extremely low fat can lead to malnutrition.

Seriously, 600 cals and an athlete? You do realize most "athletes" even women eat well over 2500 cals?
    nDepends....not ballerinas ,gymnasts,and and dancers....
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a habit or a compulsion, not an appetite.
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This is probably going to fall upon deaf ears, but seriously, GET HELP.

You eat s@#% all and work out way too much for what you currently eat. There's no way you're getting full on a 600 calorie net per day. And even if you think you are, this is your body trying to tell you that you DON'T FRICKEN EAT ENOUGH!

One can only deduce that you're either stupid, or have a serious problem. Either way, seek help and get better educated; and the MFP forums are not the place to do that.
    Too many overaggressive users on this site...sheesh...name calling and insulting will always fall upon deaf ears and it should....she asked for help guys, not a fight. Its her body...not yours, so get over it...
    Anyways, try adding protein shakes ,the thick kind. Sip on it when you feel like eating or drink a diet soda.
  • raichhype
    raichhype Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ugh, it's you again.

^ Nice. Real supportive.
  • yaomihaha
    yaomihaha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Enjoy eating. Eat when you want to, which-most of time-in your case-means your body needs it. Be good to yourself.
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I agree you need to keep busy. Green Tea after a meal is also a great idea.
  • JnSofly
    Options
    stop eating
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You have a calorie goal of 600....? And you wonder why you're hungry....?
  • iancranerocks
    iancranerocks Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I kept going under 1200 calories a day. I kept eating more and then exercising even more to knock the net back. My daily weight graph started to jump around up to 5 pounds a day. I finally figured out that I was in starvation mode, even though I felt great and didn't know it. I took a week off from exercise and just ate everything I felt like, and believe it or not I even lost a couple of pounds doing that. It was a real eye opener.