still looking for positive friends

Options
No need to add me if you are going to criticize what i eat. I know what is healthy to eat and what is not. I have had to hide my food diary due to unwanted negativity. I am not talking about possitive input like healthier alternatives to what i eat that is good feedback id love to make what i love less fattening . :)

I eat bacon and I like it etc. I had cake yesterday at a birthday party but at the restaurant I only had onion soup.

I struggle a lot and I would love some support and to support others, so add me if you like

Replies

• venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I actually saw one of those critical remarks about your food diary. I totally agree with you. We are not here to judge each other but to offer support and suggestions when asked for. I don't need those perfect friends either who judge me for my choice of having wine for dinner sometimes (I have a teenager....enough said lol).

You are doing great by being here and reaching out. You go girl!! And delete delete delete those negative influences!
  • Starbreezeunicorn
    Starbreezeunicorn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Funny thing was said person did not look at it clearly I was unable to find the right portion size so instead i improvized. I think sharing our diary and being honest is a good thing but I hid it at that point because I started to lie to myself and others.
  • Starbreezeunicorn
    Starbreezeunicorn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    IN fact I think I will turn it back on :) No shame for being honest and I will encourage others to do the same :)
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey there i am on the fitness trail but I pretty much eat what i want to within reason, try to stay in my calorie target and work hard in the gym!

I am all for eating what you want. Sod the critical ones, I want to eat real food.

Feel free to add me if you like! You'll get criticism from me, unless you ask me nicely!
  • anmare9794
    Options
    .I try to eat healthy, but I will admit I fail at it a lot. I have my own issues and have no desire to judge anyone else for what they do. I am on MFP a lot, but sometimes I don't fill out my food and excersie diaries. I have my good days and my bad days. I can always use support from others. So if you or anyone else wants to add me feel free.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent, I never criticise, what & how you eat / exercise is not my concern. I tend to eat under my calories, and I mostly skip breakfast, and I do not bust a gut exercising, and yesterday I was at my daughter's Guy Fawkes party, and consumed way over my calories, and drank lots of "empty" beer calories to boot. But it will work out
  • shapeshiftersfit1
    Options
    Hello! I have a motivational group on Facebook call "Fine, Fit and loving it". We post recipes and progress. You are more than welcome to join. I also will be your friend if you are looking for encouragement. There is an old classmate of mine who has really made fattening meals into clean eating a craft. You should check her out. fitfoodiele.com I use a few of her recipes. She taught me that it is not the dish that you are eating, it is what is use to cook it. Pretty good stuff. Good luck to you! :happy:
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think everyone should do what works for them...I believe in living life..bacon and all! Add me if you'd like! :smile:
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    friend request sent. no critisizing here!
  • teresa_c
    Options
    friend request sent! I keep my diary open and I often wonder what people think when they read it - ha ha. I'm determined to be that person that proves that you can still have pizza once a week, have dessert sometimes and drink here and there, etc and still lose weight :)
  • thethingirlinside
    Options
    Friend request sending.I hear you .I like to eat my fav,maybe a bit to much haven't had neg but I've read in other I don't really read dairys unless asked .
  • tdbad1
    tdbad1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It took me years to figure it out, but i stand by something my grandmother said to me. "becareful when pointing a finger, there are three pointing back at you"
    There will always be ppl to criticize. When will ppl learn it's easier to motivate with positive reenforcement?
    Besides, we shoudl eat what we want to..it will keep us honest...we just need to watch how much of it we eat. It's up to the individual person how thier weight loss goes...not the drama kings/queens that wasnt to hold them back. oops, i guess i judged a little there...
    Feel free to add me if you like. I do believe in "catching more flies with honey than vinegar" (not that im into catching flies,lol)