Wii

Options
Need some feed back on the Wii and its fitness programs. How do U like them, do they give results, whitch one is the best and is it worth the MONEY?

Replies

• doingit4myprincesses
    doingit4myprincesses Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would say it is well worth the money. I have been doing it for abt 2 months now and have lost abt 12 lbs. Plus it makes exercising fun and really is a great work out. I would start out with the Wii fit plus game and work your way up. I bought The Biggest Loser game and it is still a little advanced for me!! Good luck and if you are looking for extra friends feel free to add me!

:flowerforyou: Tressa
  • BornNRaised
    Options
    Need some feed back on the Wii and its fitness programs. How do U like them, do they give results, whitch one is the best and is it worth the MONEY?

I use Wii and I'm getting results. My son-in-law used Wii fitness and lose from size 56 suit to size 36 in 9 months. He did the hula hoop and anything aerobic. I'm use Wii fitness plus. Sister bought the biggest looser and she can't even use it because it is too hard. I would diffidently use Wii fitness plus and use everything that it has to offer. I also use the Wii Sports.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it! We got the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and it's been just a blast! My son and I have nightly tournaments and we're both getting healthier. The best part of it is that you're exercising and it doesn't FEEL like a workout... it's just playing. I wear my heart rate monitor while playing and I've gotten just as good of a workout with the Wii Fit as some of the times that I walked on my treadmill!
  • amygibson82
    amygibson82 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Let's see, while I don't have Wii Fit, I have two EA Active games and they are AWESOME. I sweat my butt off just like I do at the gym and they incorporate lots of cardio and strength moves. They are great games! Also there is a game called Just Dance! that makes you sweat too! Oh and I forgot to mention, Alison Sweeney who hosts the Biggest Loser endorses the EA Active games and she even said that she lost weight doing them! They also have like 30 and 60 day challenges you can do! Good luck!
  • jsturman
    jsturman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you want to have fun exercising, try out the Wii "JUST DANCE" game.................(not really a game). You can get a great workout by dancing to a song of your choice, and enjoy it! I personally do not like to exercise, so this has been a great option for me.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I use nothing but Wii Fit, EA Sports Active, the Jenny McCarthy workout and Just Dance. I've lost 21 pounds since mid January, and I've done a little of them all. I usually add the Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus games to the others to get more cardio and more core-focused exercising. I think they're all worth it - but don't forget to try to buy used at GameStop! It's worth it :happy:
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Aweome it make it so worth it to know it works for others, I will keep at it!!!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    My first 20 lbs came from Wii. I like Wii Biggest Loser the best :)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    love the wii. wii fit plus is so fun! i also love 'gold's gym cardio' (boxing). i have never heard of the 'just dance' but that sounds great.
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My sister and I do Fit plus, EA Active and Biggest loser...i like them all and we cycle through them to eliminate boredom. Biggest loser is a KILLER! I have been working out daily for the past 2 months, so I am in fairly good shape at this point. The first time I did BL I started on level 1...I thought "this is crap, I am barely moving compared to what I usually do!" Kicked it up to level 3 (easy section). A bus ran over me and then backed up over my cold, limp dead body...then went forward again! My goal is to get to Level 5 hard one day (I figure I will be 105 pounds and 1 great big muscle by then!)

gonna look into the Just Dance, thanks!
  • 3greatgifts
    3greatgifts Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I would suggest the Wii Active. It gives you more of a cardio workout and you don't have to buy the wii fit board in order to use it. Saves a lot money. I have Wii fit and it just sits. There's yoga and some stretching, some squats. For a cardio, they have step aerobics (for a couple min), hula hoop. It really doesn't get me sweating like the wii active.
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I agree...if I could only have one, I would stick with active...but a variety is great!
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love My Fitness Coach and Just Dance.
  • Gretchen27
    Options
    Do U have to have the Blance board for the Biggest looser game?
  • Gretchen27
    Options
    Lol:laugh: Thanks for the coments and mostly the cold dead limp body part. So glad to find out about more programs besides the Fit and EA Active.:flowerforyou:
  • BornNRaised
    Options
    Do U have to have the Blance board for the Biggest looser game?

I believe you do.
  • Mommy_x3
    Mommy_x3 Posts: 48
    Options
    I LOVE my Wii Active! Its totally great!
  • Gretchen27
    Options
    ty! I guess I will have to get on the list to get one, they are sold out every place I have checked. I can add it to my programs later.
  • mrsdv
    mrsdv Posts: 13
    Options
    I just got an email today from Amazon that they are now taking orders for Wii Fit Plus. I like the EA Active a lot.
  • kwork
    kwork Posts: 7
    Options
    I agree the wii is GREAT!!! Its FUN and not the same ole.
    You'll love it and you challenge yourself. Its just a different way to exercise and make it fun instead of being a chore.