Extra Firm Carrots lol

Options
So I got a desire for a snack late last night and decided to have some carrots. In the process of attempting to cut my carrots into sticks I managed to cut my finger pretty badly. I have never in my life wounded myself while cutting veggies, but even my boyfriend (who finished cutting my carrots while I applied my first aid skills to my wounded finger) claimed these carrots were extra firm. I want to know if anyone else has wounded themselves due to a snack, because I spent the rest of my evening getting laughed at for "carrot wounds"

Replies

• afadingmind
    Options
    Its a true statistic. Only 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the worlds population has been fortunate enough to stab themselves against a firm carrot.
  • RDHome224
    Options
    Lol oh it wasn't the carrot, it was the knife I was trying to cut the carrots with. I am pretty sure it was magic ( joking) but I honestly have no idea how I even managed to cut myself lol, it just happened that the extra firm carrot did not want to be a stick lol
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I vote for investing in a food processor. Never again will you have to worry about that. :wink:
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I like things in little slices and have repeatedly cut myself pretty badly while slicing things like cherry tomatoes and grapes. I'd be better off eating them whole, but I like them tiny for some reason. (I use them in recipes, I don't just sit around eating tiny slices of food)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    One night while drunk and in the mood for a snack, I decided summer sausage and crackers sounded good.

So I took the dullest knife in the house and drunkenly cut my summer sausage. ( I wish I would have filmed it, probably funny *kitten* )

It looked like a murder scene, and I should have gotten stitches, but my drunk *kitten* wasn't driving to the ER and I figured waking the wife and kids up at 3:00 am to get my wife to drive me there would have been just as bad. I gave the wound a good two hours to stop bleeding ( and holy shat do you bleed a lot when your drinking ) it did, and I lived no sweat.

To make a long story short.

Summer sausage + dull knife = lots of blood and a million questions from your wife in the morning.