Winter Blues

Options
I haven't seen the sun in about a week and I'm having a tough time shaking off the winter blues. :( Normally I would just keep it to myself because I don't want anybody else to know I'm feeling depressed but I'm desperate for some cheering up. The thoughts of having to go through this for the next few months is really not helping.

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I'm not much good for cheering you up, but have you tried treating it at all? It sounds a bit like Seasonal Affective Disorder. Some recommended treatments are supplementing with extra Vitamin D, and using a light box. Getting out everyday in the daylight (even if it's cloudy) for a walk is also supposed to help, if that's possible.
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I second the vitamin D. Are there any winter sports you like? I'm thinking this is going to be the year to try cross country skiing!
    I know I might get slammed for suggesting this but, how about a tanning bed, maybe twice a month for a few minutes? I've heard that it might help.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to invest in a sad lamp, and the tanning booth is a good idea. I did it last year. I'm normally pretty upbeat but sometimes I get a bad case of the blues and it was really hard for me to post it in here cause I don't like people seeing me this way. I'm usually the one cheering people up. :) But, I need to get out of this rut. Thanks for the imput. :)
  • runnerblues86
    Options
    Winter is never easy. Make some goals and don't allow yourself to not reach them...just make them attainable. Like a 30 minute workout to get you moving. Feel free to add me as a friend as I will need help with this myself this winter.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with fitness. I work out regularly and am in decent shape. I just hate winter. :( But I think some new goals, or activities may be a good idea. :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    The nice thing is, after the official start of winter the days start getting longer and the winter blues start lifting. I'm having a hard time myself this winter.