Calling all 'top heavy' Ladies!...

Options
MissusPorter
MissusPorter Posts: 10 Member
Hi Beautiful Ladies,

Can anyone give a suggestion for a good sports bra? I have big breast and I need a sports bra that provides coverage and good support. A comfortable sports bra would be a big plus. Right now I use a Avenue brand sports bra but it doesn't provide me with good support if I wanted to try jogging or jumping jacks outdoor :-/ My bouncing boobs would be distracting to me and everyone I bounced past otherwise, lol.

Help! Any suggestions?!

Replies

• pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    You have my empathy, I'm guessing I didn't have as much beautiful need for support but maybe I can share something practical. Someone else may give you a better idea but here is what I have done. I have worn a regular supportive bra and then a sports bra over it. I refused to pay a fortune for a sports bra that wouldn't fit me in 3 months because of all the great exercise and clean eating I've done. LOL
  • MissusPorter
    Options
    Thanks. A MFP friend suggested something similar. A bra with a tight racer back tank top. I guess I have to double up one way or another. I'm just hoping theirs a miracle sports bra out there. If there is, it'll probably cost around $50+.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    There's a couple things you can do:

1. Buy an expensive compression sports bra. Underarmour makes good ones for $50-60. Title Nine has them for $70-80. Maia sports bras are underwire, but less expensive (under $50)
    2. Wear a regular bra under a decent sports bra.
  • KeltaRose
    Options
    You have my empathy, I'm guessing I didn't have as much beautiful need for support but maybe I can share something practical. Someone else may give you a better idea but here is what I have done. I have worn a regular supportive bra and then a sports bra over it. I refused to pay a fortune for a sports bra that wouldn't fit me in 3 months because of all the great exercise and clean eating I've done. LOL

^^This is what I do because I can't afford to buy new clothes all the time, much less expensive ones. I wear an ugly (but very supportive) regular bra that I took the wires out of and a cheap sports bra that is a size too small so I don't bounce everywhere. :) But if you have the money for a good one, by all means go for it girl!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I like Champion Compression Sports Bras
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Or wear 2!
  • MrsTarry2u
    MrsTarry2u Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ive been wearing a minimizer bra and then a sports bra over that... It does the trick for me.
  • MissusPorter
    Options
    Thanks Colleen, I'll go check those out. Maybe I'll treat myself to a nice expensive sports bra soon. I've spent more then that with the hubby at Red Lobster, surely I can buy something to help towards my weight loss goal. But until then I will take everyone else's advise and double up for support :-) Thanks Ladies!
  • ginandchocolate
    ginandchocolate Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes I think the best solution, unfortunately, is to wear two. Damn small breasted women.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. I wear a minimizer bra because sports bras will definitely not do the trick. But is there an added support/comfort/appearance advantage to adding a sports bra over it too?
  • McShell12
    McShell12 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I wear the Last Resort Bra from the Enell company. I ordered it through the Title Nine company. Word of warning: at first you will think that you ordered it too small and that you can not breath. Trust me, it will work out for you and you will not bounce!

Good luck on your fitness journey!!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    shock absorber ...amazon it =)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Double bag all the way. Even with a good sports bra, I still double bag so those girls stay put.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend under armour sports bras. They are the best out there. Before I discovered them I tried everything from wearing two bras to wearing a regular bra under a sports bra...nothing worked, the girls kept bouncing whenever I worked out. Since I've gotten under armour sports bras I haven't had the problem. I say the ability to work out hard without worrying about my boobs makes the cost of the bras worth it to me.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I actually wear a pushup underneathe and then a sports bra over it. That seems to work best for me keeping my ladies secure. I'm not that "top heavy" I guess. 5'6 34DD
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Enell & Shock Absorber
    And yes, I'm top heavy. 38G
    :blushing:
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This one: http://www.titlenine.com/product/sports-bras-and-undies/high-impact-sports-bras/313801.do?sortby=ourPicks#.UJbzKoZASs4

I have it and love it. It's like the girls are taped to my chest. NO bounce. I was a 44DDD when I bought it and it worked beautifully.

Good luck!
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I use a regular bra, and then bind myself up with self adhesive, no latex medical tape. I wear a 40DD and this has been my only solution. I dont feel I get enough support otherwise. I got the idea when I was done breastfeeding, and the doctor suggested binding.
  • MissusPorter
    Options
    Love all the suggestions, I have to go do my homework now to find the best option out there. I'm a 5'4 and a 46DDD so I need all the help I can get. lol