Weekly menus

Options
rachietuk
rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
Do you make a menu for the week? We are starting to do this, I need ideas pease.

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i plan out recipes for almost the month and go food shopping all at once, freeze whatever veggies and cheese i can so it doesn't go bad. i am a vegetarian but you could always make something with meat instead (i use regular recipes then substitute one of my protein options). most side dishes i eat are either a salad or some sort of vegetable mix, like spinach broccoli mushrooms peppers onion saute with garlic or something similar, unless the vegetable is cooked in with it then i just had the one dish.

stuffed peppers (i use either a taco like mix or sometimes bread stuffing mixed with mushrooms, onion)
    stroganoff
    baked ziti with spinach
    stuffed shells/manicotti with spinach, mushroom
    fettucine alfredo (i make the sauce using light different flavor laughing cow cheese, the tomato basil is really good)
    taco salad
    enchiladas
    sweet potato burritos
    pierogi with veggies
    quinoa risotto
    greek tortellini salad
    black bean quesadillas
    shirataki noodle stirfry
    pasta with roasted red pepper sauce
    pesto pizza
    penne with pesto chicken
    sweet and sour seitan (or chicken) with veggies and rice
    hummus and quinoa wrap
    bbq flavored seitan and avocado wrap
    stuffed zucchini boats
    spaghetti with mushrooms garlic and olive oil
    portabello mushroom burgers
    shepherds pie
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will be using some of these, they look taste.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Basically, if figure out what meat I am going to buy, then plan meals around that. When our family first started, we struggled to think of enough meals, but I keep track of my grocery lists and meal ideas using a spreadsheet, so I can refer back to it. Also, I look at a lot of online recipes. When I find something the whole family enjoys, it becomes part of the rotation.
  • anmassey23
    anmassey23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I fill my pantry with essentials, but buy chicken weekly and plan my veggies around my meat. Weekly planning gives me less anxiety about how I am going to fill what's left of my calories at night.