Ready to rip my hair out.

2»

Replies

• JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    By the looks of things, your doing very well, don't beat yourself up over this. enjoy life, enjoy your workouts, relax........
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    My TDEE - 20% is a whopping 2000 calories. I was eating this many and losing 2lbs per month. So, something's not right. I dropped to 1700 and still was not losing even a pound a week. Yes, I was measuring my food and tracking every single bite for you doubters. I finally dropped to 1400 cals and am finally losing about 2lbs a week. I have a lot to lose, so my doctor has approved this amount for me even though my BMR is 1960.

Those calculations didn't work for me, so I doubt they apply to everyone. You just have to figure out how much you can eat and still lose and stick to that amount.
  • My TDEE - 20% is a whopping 2000 calories. I was eating this many and losing 2lbs per month. So, something's not right. I dropped to 1700 and still was not losing even a pound a week. Yes, I was measuring my food and tracking every single bite for you doubters. I finally dropped to 1400 cals and am finally losing about 2lbs a week. I have a lot to lose, so my doctor has approved this amount for me even though my BMR is 1960.

Those calculations didn't work for me, so I doubt they apply to everyone. You just have to figure out how much you can eat and still lose and stick to that amount.

2500 - 20% is 2000. That's a 500 calorie deficit. If you're currently eating 1400 calories and losing 2 pounds a week then your TDEE is roughly 2400. Not so far from the estimated 2500 you used in the first place.
  • emilybackway
    emilybackway Posts: 8 Member
    Lmao, yeah Im still so confused.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    1200 to 1300 would obviously be too low cause my daily existance requires 1379.1 and I have a moderate activity level, so you would multiply that by 1.55 which gives me 2137.605 which is what I would need to maintain so you would subtract that by 500 which gives me 1637.605 so is that the final number I would need to LOSE weight, Im getting confused cause 100 different websites tell me 900 different things, which ones do I listen to !?

Thanks for all the help!

A lot of these calculators use slightly different inputs. It sounds like 1,600 to 1,700 would be right for you. If after say 4 weeks (to take into account water weight fluctuations) you are finding you are losing slower or faster than expected, tweak up or down by say 100 calories as appropriate.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    At your height and weight, you may want to focus on body composition rather than scale weight as others have mentioned.

How long are your exercise sessions? The duration can place you between moderate to very active depending on how long and intense they are.

If you do the TDEE method, and select moderately actively (to be conservative), I get a maintenance amount of 1922 calories if I consider you at 26% body fat with a goal of 0.5 lbs weight loss per week. With that info, it suggests a food intake of 1672, which is a deficit of 250 calories.
  • emilybackway
    Well on days I go to hot yoga the sessions are an hour, and on off days I do 40 minutes of walking/jogging followed by 20 minutes of strength training and then 1 day where I don't do anything! I'm just confused on whether or not thats light exercise or moderate...
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    have you set your thing to active and also adding the exercise?
  • emilybackway
    Yessss.
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Well on days I go to hot yoga the sessions are an hour, and on off days I do 40 minutes of walking/jogging followed by 20 minutes of strength training and then 1 day where I don't do anything! I'm just confused on whether or not thats light exercise or moderate...

This sounds more like light exercise to me. If I were you I'd put my activity level at lightly active, then maybe log the extra calories from the yoga.

Check out this calculator too: http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced
    It lets you put in your exact activities in a day and gives a TDEE based on those.

And again, consider setting a body fat percentage goal rather than a weight loss goal; it will likely get you the results you want more easily and with less frustration about the scale.