The 300 workout times.

Options
Hi guys :)

I did the 300 workout for the first time today and i finished it in 41 mins. I have no idea if that time is good or bad so was just wondering if there were any others that had done it and what time you did it in? Or if there is a website i can use to gauge my time against?

I did the original 300 workout and i used a 30kg barbell for the deadlifts and the floor wipers, I used a 6kg kettlebell for the clean and press and i did proper full pull ups.

For those who have no idea what i'm talking about, the 300 workout is below:

THE "ORIGINAL" 300 WORKOUT
Pull ups - 25 reps
Barbell Deadlift with 135 lbs. - 50 reps
Push ups - 50 reps
24-inch Box Jumps - 50 reps
Floor Wipers - 50 reps (Holding a 135-pound loaded bar above your chest, bring your feet up together to the left plate, down to the middle, and up to the right plate before putting them down in the middle. That's one rep)
Single-Arm Clean-and-Press with 36 lbs Kettlebell - 50 reps
Pull ups - 25 reps

THE INTERMEDIATE 300 WORKOUT
Pull ups - 25 reps
Dumbbell Deadlift - 50 reps
Push ups - 50 reps
Body-Weight Squat Jumps - 50 reps
V-Ups - 50 reps
Dumbbell Push Press - 50 reps
Pull ups - 25 reps

THE BEGINNER 300 WORKOUT
Body-Weight Rows - 15 reps
Body-Weight Squats - 25 reps
Pushups - 15 reps
Jumping Jacks - 50 reps
Mountain Climbers - 20 reps
Close-Grip Pushups - 10 reps

If you can't do full pull ups you can either do body weight rows or you can do negative pull-ups (jump up and control downward phase)

Give it a go and post your time along with which routine you did!!
If anyone knows of any sites that have a list of times and whats good/average etc id appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!

Replies

• Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My husband was talking to me about this the other day, apparently the guy who got the record got 16:41 or something. Based on that I would be pretty happy with 41mins! And that is awesome, congrats on getting through it.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I am bumping this for a future entry - but not today!
    Can you take breaks in between reps or do the sets have to be complete single sets - so 25 pullups straight off?
  • SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    C4RL- the idea is to just do as many as you can and stop as often as you have to until you finish the set. As you get stronger you'll be able to do more in one go and you'll get a better time.
    The last set of pull-ups took me 10minutes and at the end i was doing one pullup and having a rest then doing another one. (i was standing on a bench)
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sash. I have this one bookmarked for the future.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Why would you try to lift heavy weights so fast? Isn't a slow, steady pull or push the best way to train or is this workout all about speed?
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi guys :)

I did the 300 workout for the first time today and i finished it in 41 mins. I have no idea if that time is good or bad so was just wondering if there were any others that had done it and what time you did it in? Or if there is a website i can use to gauge my time against?

I did the original 300 workout and i used a 30kg barbell for the deadlifts and the floor wipers, I used a 6kg kettlebell for the clean and press and i did proper full pull ups.

For those who have no idea what i'm talking about, the 300 workout is below:

THE "ORIGINAL" 300 WORKOUT
    Pull ups - 25 reps
    Barbell Deadlift with 135 lbs. - 50 reps
    Push ups - 50 reps
    24-inch Box Jumps - 50 reps
    Floor Wipers - 50 reps (Holding a 135-pound loaded bar above your chest, bring your feet up together to the left plate, down to the middle, and up to the right plate before putting them down in the middle. That's one rep)
    Single-Arm Clean-and-Press with 36 lbs Kettlebell - 50 reps
    Pull ups - 25 reps

THE INTERMEDIATE 300 WORKOUT
    Pull ups - 25 reps
    Dumbbell Deadlift - 50 reps
    Push ups - 50 reps
    Body-Weight Squat Jumps - 50 reps
    V-Ups - 50 reps
    Dumbbell Push Press - 50 reps
    Pull ups - 25 reps

THE BEGINNER 300 WORKOUT
    Body-Weight Squats - 25 reps
    Pushups - 15 reps
    Jumping Jacks - 50 reps
    Mountain Climbers - 20 reps
    Close-Grip Pushups - 10 reps

If you can't do full pull ups you can either do body weight rows or you can do negative pull-ups (jump up and control downward phase)

Give it a go and post your time along with which routine you did!!
    If anyone knows of any sites that have a list of times and whats good/average etc id appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!

Hold on to this would like to try this out one day...
  • SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Why would you try to lift heavy weights so fast? Isn't a slow, steady pull or push the best way to train or is this workout all about speed?

Crossfit in general is all about speed which is why a lot of body builders don't agree with it.
    Personally i like to try different things every now and again because i don't train for any one particular purpose, just overall strength and health. I wouldn't do this kind of workout every day but i find that it is fun, different and is a great challenge both physically and mentally. I'll probably do it every few weeks or so just to see if i'm getting stronger or can beat my time =D
    The weights that are recommended were the weights that the actors from the movie 300 used (the workout was part of their regime) The weights that i used, were half of what i would normally lift for a full set so it wasn't particularly heavy for me.Its up to you how much weight you use though.