Females over 50 - Any P90X and/or Insanity Pics?

Options
I'm 52 and starting P90x in addition to C25K. Wonder if anyone over 50 has had success using P90X or Insanity with pics to show it is worth it. If you have done one or both which do you recommend. I want to build muscle but wonder if it would be better to drop the weight first with insanity, or build the muscle with P90x then get cut with insanity. Any input? I'm about 30 lbs over healthy weight for my height (5"4 160 lbs) but don;t really care what the scale says once my body is in shape, I'd rather weight more and have muscle. Any input would be appreciated. Input with pics even more appreciated.

Replies

• tallgirl1960
    tallgirl1960 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm also 52, as of last week, and I'm in the third week of P90x. I had been doing mostly cardio, cross trainer and Reebok step, at home for about 3 months prior to this. I dropped 10 lbs doing this and have now lost another 4 lbs since starting P90x, hoping to lose a total of about 21 lbs. I am not using heavy weights but doing more reps and it is definitely working. Abs are getting stronger, still some tummy fat to lose, and legs are finally toning up, something I have never achieved before even when I've lost more weight than this! I haven't tried Insanity but as I have done loads of cardio before I enjoy the mix of cardio and strength training in P90x. Good luck with whichever you try.
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My wife is 54, I am 48 and we are on day 78 of P90X. She has lost 20 lbs so far and is looking GREAT. I am down 16 lbs and have gone from 22.5% Body fat to 11%.

It is a great program. You can build muscle and lose weight. You have to follow the nutrition plan to get the most out of it. We have a very supportive group of like minded people who give one another great support. It is a fun and interactive group. I have recently become a Beachbody coach and could help you with your fitness and nutrition. We would be happy to have you in our group as you start your journey.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5498-p90x-insanity-the-game-changers
  • wkrd
    wkrd Posts: 45
    Options
    Wow, you all sound like you are doing great and are committed to it. I appreciate you sharing your successes with me. It inspires me to get with it. I will join the Game Changers group and will look forward to continuing to follow you on your progress and seeing your final success pics.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!