Pants for winter running?

Options
i have no long pants for running and it's getting cold here what type, materials, brands , styles etc. Do you suggest and why? Thanks!

Replies

• jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was going to ask the same question I would also like to know what is good.
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just got myself Nike Pro Hyperwarm Women's Tights. The temperatures are still above the freezing point so I am not running in them- but man! they do fit so well and they are so warm and yet the fabric is perfect to wick the sweat away. I also like the red tinge they have in them.
    Bump for now - I will update this when I have run a lot in them to tell how they are.
    PS: I have Sandman Extreme half-marathon in the freezing January, so I am sure I will run a lot during this winter :=)
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask this question too! Any links to product pics and info could be helpful or specific brands and material types would be awesome!
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump...i had the same question.
  • annexbr
    Options
    I'm really into running, so I personally find Nike's running leggings to be the best.
    (if you want some links: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-508926/pgid-508928 and http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-414582 ) Personally, out of the two, I like the thermal leggings. They have this soft thermal inner layer that keeps me warm without overheating my legs.

However, they are quite expensive, so you might search for different brands. I just like Nike because it's really high quality :)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Under Armour ColdGear compression tights.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Bump! Especially winter running tights/pants for tall girls...
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Bumping! :) I bought a pair of Asics pants online and they didn't work so well so I need other optioms
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    there are pants and tops for colder weather days. I would say those that posted are good suggestions but to actually go to a running store, because they usually sell off-season running apparel for really cheap (granted it's late for winter), but something to think about if you continue to run.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I like shopping at roadrunnersports.com and I just recently bought a pair of under armour cold gear compression tights. I have not had a chance to wear them as it hasn't been real cold yet - but I really like a pair of regular pants I bought (I think they were all season pants) from under armour. One of my friends swears by the under armour cold gear.
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I use running tights in Target's C9 line. they have served me very well and are the most affordable cold weather tights i've found. http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-women-s-cold-weather-running-tight-black/-/A-14115161#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=running tights
  • Yunnieh
    Yunnieh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I run with a sports skirt even if it snows, haha. Burns extra calories, actually.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Lululemon.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    NO WAY!

oh, wait...thought this was a yes or no question....sry *backs out of thread slowly...sans pants*
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I wore yoga pants with leg warmers under them to keep the cold from drifting up. FWIW
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I use running tights in Target's C9 line. they have served me very well and are the most affordable cold weather tights i've found. http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-women-s-cold-weather-running-tight-black/-/A-14115161#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=running tights
    ^^These. 25 bucks a pair, and they're generally on sale. On average, it doesn't get super cold where I'm at, so I generally wear Old Navy Active compression capris/leggings, but my legs are always warm anyways. I love em' and they're always, always on sale.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I wore running tights last year and was fine, although I'm in central California and don't get the sub-zero temps here like other areas do. I've got some from Target, but found my best deals on the bigger name brands from Tj Maxx or Marshall's.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've had success with the target leggings! Hasn't gotten much colder than 40's here yet, but they've ben warm enough for that. I was a little worried that they wouldn't stay up but they were great.