Slacking big time

Options
Ever since I got back from vacation I have not been to the gym one time. So 4 weeks of not working out. I have eaten ok but have not really been logging my foods on most days. I have still lost every week and am down 8lbs since then but I know if I don't starting working out again, I will stop losing weight. I really need to get motivated again.

Replies

• Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    I don't work out regular and i stil lost weight it can be done without exercise
  • findgod2findlife
    findgod2findlife Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know exacly how you feel! I've lost 71 since april, but it's been coming off a lot slower for me lately & I'm frustrated!! I ate very unhealthy today & have seen some of my old habits starting to creep back! I was actually really depressed until I found this site. All i can tell you is to hang in there!! Everyday is a new day & another chance to get it right!! Honestly it's good for this to happen sometimes because it makes you re-evaluate why you want to lose weight & how much impact it has on your life if you don't!! I'm sure you'll do great as soon as you realize why this is so important to you!! :D
  • irishchick874
    Options
    I don't work out regular and i stil lost weight it can be done without exercise

I know it can be done b/c I have done it 3 times before. Every time I gain all the weight plus some back. I want to keep it off this time. I am not eating as healthy as I should be and def going back to some old habits. When I was working out I was doing it 3 or 5 times a week and I like it. But I cant seem to get my *kitten* to the gym now.
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good Lord this is me exactly...took 2 vacations this summer and was down 31 lbs. Now that I didn't have to be in summer clothes and kids back in school, work crazy (excuses), I am up about 15. I have also lost/gained the same 30 lbs 3 or 4 times. I am going to the gym tomorrow morning before I gain it all back. I know what I have to do...I just have to do it.
    You do too.
  • irishchick874
    Options
    Good Lord this is me exactly...took 2 vacations this summer and was down 31 lbs. Now that I didn't have to be in summer clothes and kids back in school, work crazy (excuses), I am up about 15. I have also lost/gained the same 30 lbs 3 or 4 times. I am going to the gym tomorrow morning before I gain it all back. I know what I have to do...I just have to do it.
    You do too.

Yeah I got lots of excuses to why I "can't" make it to the gym. I with you, I know need to start going back to like the gym. Now I just have to do it:)
  • scrapbooklady
    scrapbooklady Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is me too! Just go to the gym. Make yourself get up and go. You will feel so good after. I have been in slack mode this past month, too with lots of stress going on right now and lots to do. I just don't feel like going. BUT every time I force myself to get up and do it, I feel SO GOOD after. You can do it! I gained back 2 lbs. so far and I am determined to turn it around. We can do it together friend!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    We can't change where we've been but right this minute you can change where you go next. Right. This. Minute.
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    We can't change where we've been but right this minute you can change where you go next. Right. This. Minute.

Thanks for that. It is so true. I promise my self every day that I'll do my best for that day and not let past mistakes weigh me down. That has been a lot easier said than done over the past two weeks, but I needed a reminder.
  • QuietLegs
    Options
    Is there any way you can get some good exercise in without going to the gym? I only go to the gym once a week, but I get tons of exercise in any way.

For me, it's all about making exercise extremely easy to get started. Willpower is a finite resource, but once you make exercise an easy habit, not only does it not cost willpower, it actually gives you more!

For example, I used to run maybe twice a week. I'd drag my butt out of bed early and get out into the cold first thing in the morning, before work. Once I was out there, I enjoyed it. But getting out there was sooo hard. So I switched to running during lunch at work. Wow, what a difference that made! I'm up to 4-5 times a week during lunch, and often again on Saturday. Similarly, I bought a set of adjustable weights and a bench, so I can do my weight lifting sets at home, instead of having to schlep out to the gym.

Make it easy for yourself! Once you get going, it's not hard to keep going. It's just the getting started that's always the hardest part. So make it as easy as possible to get started, every single time.
  • findgod2findlife
    findgod2findlife Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!! And just a update: I've been doing better than ever!! I loved your quotes & inspiration!