jean size

Options

Replies

• whittlelauraann
    Options
    I am 185 now and 5'7". My few new pairs of pants are sizes 10-14. The 14s are starting to be big. The 10s in dress pants and 12s in jeans fit best. I started at a plus size 16-18 so I am just happy to be in regular sizes again. I think I would like to be in a size 8 comfortably eventually but that's just me.
  • jadedangel711
    jadedangel711 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    44 x29,right? for the guy who asked.
  • kim200950
    Options
    5'4" 170 lbs. had to buy my first pair of 14s. that was my wake up call....
    Yep, having to buy size 14 shorts was my wake up call as well. I'm 5'2", just under 165lbs and in a 12/14. Carry my weight in my hips so I don't expect to ever get below a 6 or 8 again. We shall see though!

I am in 14 in some and 12 in others and I am 5'2" and about 195 I dont tend to carry weight in anyone area my weight flows all over me, so its hard to see anything coming off!! ahhh I want my size 10-8's back!!
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be mean but I am wondering why alot of you are on MFP. LOL! Size 0-8. WOW! At my heaviest I was a size 26 jeans=249 pounds 21 years ago, Started MFP at 245=22 jeans. 90 some odd days and am now at size 18=219. Goal weight= 190 and whatever size pants I can get into!!
    Good job to all MFP people as they continue their journey!!
    Am 5'6" and 45 years old.
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.5" and 145 lbs. I normally wear a size 7. My favorite pair of jeans are a size 9 but I have to wear my belt so tight or they fall off. I just can't get rid of them because they are so comfy and roomy!

In women's I wear either a 4 or a 6.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be mean but I am wondering why alot of you are on MFP. LOL! Size 0-8. WOW! At my heaviest I was a size 26 jeans=249 pounds 21 years ago, Started MFP at 245=22 jeans. 90 some odd days and am now at size 18=219. Goal weight= 190 and whatever size pants I can get into!!

I bet it seems odd that some of us smaller folk are here.. but this is a site not only about weight loss .. but maintaining .. and most importantly .. HEALTHY LIFESTYLE .. for some it's a new change .. for some, it's a refresher course.. and for some - merely trying to stay connected and grounded in a healthier lifestyle and surrounding ourselves with like minded people.

I enjoy encouraging others and being the "woo hoo cheerleader" .. it's nice to be encouraged and have a support group.

And there are those that battle eating disorders (ED) such as anorexia or bulimia. Just because they are tiny -- they are looking for some kind of support too. It hurts just as much when someone says.. "'Sheesh .. put some meat on those bones" .. when that poor individual sees themselves as a beached whale :sad:

We are here to support each other .. no matter why we are here.. :flowerforyou:

BTW .. Congrats and keep up the fantastic work!!! You're making changes that will only benefit you the rest of your life!! :heart:
  • swagar12
    Options
    5'9, 162, size 8! Goal is size 6!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    5'2", 113. Between a 0 & 2 depending on the brand.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 120lbs; I wear a Victoria's Secret or Ann Taylor size 2; If I can find a size 2 at Macy's they're usually too big; I can fit into a jrs size 3. It really depends on how you carry your weight/your body type.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    12 or 14 *sigh*
    My goal is 10
    :p

Okay, I've been at size 14 for a while and I'm finally fitting into some 12s so I think that's progress :D

my doc told me that even if I lose all of my excess weight I will not get bellow a size 12 due to the size of my bone structure
  • bub_snig
    Options
    iIm not sure in the US what size I would be as in Australia we have a system that is a little different but I fit into a size 12 Aus. The smallest we get to here is a 6 (which i'm assuming is a 0 in US so by US standards maybe an 8 or 10???)
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Wow! You people are thin!! I was wearing 18. I've lost 61 pounds and am wearing 14, which was my original goal. In fact, I am wearing the pants that I made my "goal pants" in February. Now all my 14s are getting too loose. :happy:
    I can't believe I could actually be wearing 12 soon! Oh yeah...I'm 5' 10".
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Women's dress size - 0 or 2, depending on the brand.

Pants - juniors size 7 almost without fail, regardless of the brand. Women's pants are usually too big in the butt, and too tight in the waist, no matter what size.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, hovering around 139 lbs and I am a size 6. I can wear some 4's too. I think I am too "hippy" for junior clothes, they just don't fit well. I dropped sizes like crazy for a few months and have been in 6's for awhile. I think once I get to my goal weight (around 120) i'll be in a 4, maybe a 2.

Wow! That is awesome! What size did you wear 135 pounds ago?!
  • moonpieto
    moonpieto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    All cotton size 14/tall
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and weigh 142 now. I currently have Old Navy jeans, and there I'm in a size 7/8, but my goal is a 4/6. The trouble is that it's a different size everywhere you go! There's almost no regulation.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    5'7", 151 lbs. I wear size 5 or 7 in Juniors jeans. I wear a 4 or 6 in Misses jeans. I think a jeans size on a person all depends on how one carries their weight. I can still wear some 8's and other 8's fall off me. 9's are huge now.

This is exactly the same as me, except I'm 5'4 and 130.

Same here. 5'3 and 130
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    5'1", 123 pounds, Gap and Michael Kors size 4, everyone else size 6. I have hips and a butt and a waist so junior sizes are out. I have a pair of Gap size 2 jeans that are my motivation to keep going. I can get them on and buttoned but it's not a pretty sight. I'm just going to keep going until they fit like the size 4 fits now. Well, maybe a little better than the 4. I'm spending a lot of time pulling my pants back up. I want to wear those jeans, a cashmere sweater and my knee high boots for the family Christmas. And I will.
  • SaraStrangeling
    Options
    I'm 210 pounds and 6 foot tall & I can fit into a pair of size 9's but I have a slight muffin top. I can fit comfortably into a 10.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

I bet it seems odd that some of us smaller folk are here.. but this is a site not only about weight loss .. but maintaining .. and most importantly .. HEALTHY LIFESTYLE .. for some it's a new change .. for some, it's a refresher course.. and for some - merely trying to stay connected and grounded in a healthier lifestyle and surrounding ourselves with like minded people.

I enjoy encouraging others and being the "woo hoo cheerleader" .. it's nice to be encouraged and have a support group.

And there are those that battle eating disorders (ED) such as anorexia or bulimia. Just because they are tiny -- they are looking for some kind of support too. It hurts just as much when someone says.. "'Sheesh .. put some meat on those bones" .. when that poor individual sees themselves as a beached whale :sad:

We are here to support each other .. no matter why we are here.. :flowerforyou:

BTW .. Congrats and keep up the fantastic work!!! You're making changes that will only benefit you the rest of your life!! :heart:

Ditto on this. I may be a size 2, but if you look at my stats, I've lost 90 lbs and want to maintain it. Once you reach your goal weight, the journey is not over. I am on here seeking like-minded individuals who also pursue a healthy lifestyle.