lost...gained...lost....gained again!

Options
I hate this struggle to lose & keep it off. I was doing so well and down several pants sizes... now I'm back to square one. I know that my biggest barriers are stress and limited accountability. Add me if this is your story, It is so important to be on this journey with support!!!

Replies

• jenplex
    jenplex Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I completely can relate to the up, down, up, down. It's the story of my life. I won't give up! I agree that the support is so helpful. I am starting over again tomorrow and tracking everything!!
  • davyrockhit214
    Options
    Good luck! We can do this; one day at a time. Each time I reject a craving or pass up unneeded calories I consider it an achievement! The small stuff so matters right now!
  • namari
    namari Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean lost 47lb recently then started to slip and this time around have gained 9lb i think i caught it early enough that i am not totally overwhelmed this time but it goes up and down so often ........
  • Yunnieh
    Yunnieh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't think that will happen if you stick to your diet as a lifestyle. If you change back to your old ways you'll change back to your old weight. Diet means Lifestyle and just make it easy. And maybe you're weighing yourself too often, I can change my weight 10 times in a week as it settles.
  • housenoob
    housenoob Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    worry more about being consistent . as long as you do your food diary everyday and exercise minimally everyday than that's a start. a lot of time i'll go hard core and run like 3 miles and then for the next to weeks ill sit on my butt. instead what might be better is just to workout every day. commitment is key!
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I hate this struggle to lose & keep it off. I was doing so well and down several pants sizes... now I'm back to square one. I know that my biggest barriers are stress and limited accountability. Add me if this is your story, It is so important to be on this journey with support!!!

Amen sister. This is where I am at in my life right now.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I completely can relate to the up, down, up, down. It's the story of my life. I won't give up! I agree that the support is so helpful. I am starting over again tomorrow and tracking everything!!

Same here! Starting again tomorrow =D
  • QuietLegs
    Options
    It's definitely about a lifestyle change! Dieting just leads to frustration, because your focus goes toward hitting some magic number, and then going back to old habits... which leads to weight gain.

I've changed so much about my life in the last year, that if I'd thought I *had* to do it this way, I never would have even tried. No, the key is lots of small changes over time, so that some day you'll look back and have no idea how you could live the way you used to.

I exercise almost every single day. I ride my bike for hours at a time. I actually run. A lot. I strength train. I eat tons of vegetables and a healthy amount of fruit. And I still indulge occasionally in ice cream, junk food, etc. But I'm always mindful of making sure I get enough nutrients, and count my calories.

This is not the person I used to be, and it didn't happen overnight. But I slowly changed my habits, one small piece at a time, until I know that this new life... this is the life I want to live, always.
  • davyrockhit214
    Options
    I totally own my bad decision making. 100% agree that it's about lifestyle and that I slowly crept back into old habits, which in turn caused me to feel guilty and overwhelmed. I eventually stopped logging and weighing myself because I was so in the red. That was the worst decision ever. Self sabotaged in a few months what took me twice that time to get off!
  • davyrockhit214
    Options
    What I believe is necessary is a balance between self-discipline, accountability
    & support. Thanks everyone =)
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Man, I hear that.
    March 2011 I weighed myself and realized I gained about 55lbs since graduation. So I started focusing on losing weight and by march 2012 I lost close to 45lbs. Kind of got lazy and gained 10lbs since then. TRYING TO GET BACK DOWN. tough stuff.
  • davyrockhit214
    Options
    Ughhhh!!! It's so easy to fall back into old patterns and gain it back three times faster than it took to lose it!