Replies

• cagletb
    cagletb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    From Alberta, Canada, I can say that I don't spend a whole lot of $$ on the apparel for running other than the shoes. When I'm running outside in the cold, it's more about layers than name brands. I wear my workout shorts under just my regular brand of yoga pants (Ieast expensive I can find at the time that I need them). I have heard others swear by compression pants, but they don't "do it" for me - I hate having tight things around my calves when I run.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that you really only need pants for temperatures below 40 degrees (IMHO opinion anyway). Most major athletic brands make decent running pants. I have nike and underarmor running pants, but I doubt it matters much. Just go to a store and buy whatever is the most comfortable.
  • housenoob
    housenoob Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Under armor pants are the best. if you are in a cold area best to get the long ones instead of the cropped. if you get the cropped just remember your calfs are going to be very cold
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Under Armour ColdGear compression tights.

Love these...and their turtlenecks...
  • croctad
    Options
    Zaggora Flares. They keep you ridiculously warm AND are great for extra calorie burning. I swear by them.
    www.zaggora.com
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When I was on the cross country ski team in Vermont, we used to wear a very high tech pair of pants for both dry land (running) training as well as while skiing - they were known back then as "sweat pants." I think you may be able to special order them online.
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Bump
  • WolfPackFan13
    WolfPackFan13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have these:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MS8B50/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i01

And wore them on my first marathon, and it was about 30 degrees F at the start of the race. They are great. Kept my legs warm, but not hot. I plan on using them a lot this winter.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    i have no long pants for running and it's getting cold here what type, materials, brands , styles etc. Do you suggest and why? Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with just long sports pants from like JCPenny's. I usually have to hem them, even when they say petite, but they work just as good as the more expensive running pants at running stores.
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have some under armour cold gear compression long pants which I love for temps below 40, and I also have some xersions running pants from JC penny that are awesome but have not tried them in the cold .
  • Coachcritty
    Coachcritty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I wear Old Navy compression pants, but it doesn't get super cold here in NC. This morning was a little chilly (low-mid 40s) and they were perfect!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I love Sugoi mid zero tights. They're a thermal fleece lined tight. They have a leg grip rather than zippers at the ankle like Nike. I like that feature as they don't ride up nor do I have to deal with the zipper causing issues on my heel. I've worn them in below freezing temps and snow and they're great. They have flat seems so no chaffing issues, a key/card pocket and they aren't overly constricting like some compression tights can be.