166 lbs down and my first Marathon!

Options
Just 26 months ago I was pushing 390 lbs and not very happy. Yesterday, I completed my first Marathon nearly 170 lbs lighter! I am thankful to God for making anything I do possible. I am thankful to my family for supporting and loving me. I am thankful to my Company for providing an atmosphere that promotes growth and self-improvement. And, I am grateful to my friends for encouraging me along the way!

DSCF1993.JPG

I want to give a big thanks to my friends Matt and Mark (L to R below) for bringing me in yesterday at the Indianapolis Monumental in the rain and sleet! Matt picked me up at mile 20 and Mark joined us at mile 23. It was great to have you both there and feed off your encouragement and positive energy when I was really starting to feel challenged! You really helped me through!

DSCF1996.JPG

Me in September 2010:

P1070725.JPG

Replies

• futurestarz
    Options
    Just 26 months ago I was pushing 390 lbs and not very happy. Yesterday, I completed my first Marathon nearly 170 lbs lighter! I am thankful to God for making anything I do possible. I am thankful to my family for supporting and loving me. I am thankful to my Company for providing an atmosphere that promotes growth and self-improvement. And, I am grateful to my friends for encouraging me along the way!

DSCF1993.JPG

I want to give a big thanks to my friends Matt and Mark (L to R below) for bringing me in yesterday at the Indianapolis Monumental in the rain and sleet! Matt picked me up at mile 20 and Mark joined us at mile 23. It was great to have you both there and feed off your encouragement and positive energy when I was really starting to feel challenged! You really helped me through!

DSCF1996.JPG

Me in September 2010:

P1070725.JPG
  • futurestarz
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!! I'm running my first 4 mile race on thanksgiving.. looking forward to doing a marathon one day too :)
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Such an amazing change, you look great and must feel it as well. :flowerforyou: Congratulations!
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You're my hero!!!! Congratulations, what an incredible journey, thank you so much for sharing!! =)
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping to do a marathon one of these years, just not sure when. I have ran five 5ks so far (still working on breezing through them first). I do have to ask: which program did you use to train?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    That is incredible!
  • Coachcritty
    Coachcritty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, man! Congrats to you.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great story! Your a Rock star! :drinker:
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. You look great. Congrats !
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You took a courageous step and God supported!. Others who "loved their neighbor" also supported! That's how this world should work!
  • sarahmaren
    Options
    Congratulations! What an amazing job you've done. I run my first half in January. Your story is one to add to my inspiration! Way to go!
  • annokoye
    annokoye Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment great job!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
  • tigtigs
    Options
    Congrats!! Awesome job!! And I must warn you...now that you have done 1 you will be hooked!! Maybe not today...but when you are recovered...you will be thinking of your next one!! :-)
  • allenpearcy
    allenpearcy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the encouraging feedback. I really appreciate it and wish you well in your goals!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!