Grain-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

Options
Allyice
Allyice Posts: 122 Member
These aren't the healthiest to eat a whole batch lol, but they are a great lower carb treat!
They taste AMAZING!!!

196203_475375345835588_318723610_n.jpg

1 can of unsalted Chick Peas (drained)
2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Honey
1 Tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips

Mix all the ingredients together except for the chocolate chips in a food processor until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and stir. With wet hands roll the mixture into small cookie balls. Bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.

https://www.facebook.com/allysrecipes

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    sounds great! do you know how many cals per serve? :)
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    So, what about that recipe is "carb free?"

hint....NOTHING

Not to be a *****....I hate the *****y people on here. But honey, chocolate chips and chick peas? Super-duper carbs.... Let's just say these are healthier than regular PB-choc-chip cookies.
  • nikilis
    Options
    So, what about that recipe is "carb free?"

hint....NOTHING

Not to be a *****....I hate the *****y people on here. But honey, chocolate chips and chick peas? Super-duper carbs.... Let's just say these are healthier than regular PB-choc-chip cookies.

way to go finding a nice way to say that. if you have a point its better to be nice than write it on a baseball bat.
  • onewhodiets
    onewhodiets Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't care about carbs per se. This recipe sounds awesome - i never heard if a cookie made with chickpeas - i have to try it.
  • Allyice
    Options
    I meant lower carb sorry. Thanks for the super negative reply, can always count on a downer to ruin someone's post on here.
    They are flour free (also great for coeliacs), so have lower carbs than normal cookies. Also high in protein because of the chick peas. LIKE I SAID, they are not the healthiest thing, but they are a great TREAT.
  • alie001
    alie001 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    They sound great, and much like most posts, there is always the person that ruins it. I appreciate your effort to help people find better ways to do things.
  • racbergs
    Options
    bump
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thr33martins
    Options
    OK, I really did not want to be the b*i*t*c*h (the word that the site bleeped out earlier). I am relatively new to the carb-free thing, and I just feel like you have to be careful about this stuff! The FDA lies to us enough already...

I am sorry if I came across that way - i did not mean to sound so awful.

That being said, though these are healthier than the flour-and-sugar version, they are neither "low" nor "no-carb."

I swear, it came across much worse than it sounded in my head, or than it would have sounded if we had been speaking. My cheeky (not mean) sarcasm would have been much more amusing in person.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    She wrote grain free, not carb free. Please learn to read. Grain is not a synonym of carbs. All grains are carbs, but not all carbs are grains.

Anyways, these look great! Thanks for the recipe!
  • thr33martins
    Options
    She wrote grain free, not carb free. Please learn to read. Grain is not a synonym of carbs. All grains are carbs, but not all carbs are grains.

It was edited, the original said "no carb".

I have already apologized for the way that sounded.... many carb-conscious people are in Keto, and those cookies are a one-way ticket out. I REALLY didn't intend to sound nasty, so please accept my apology.

*edited* to say that there is no mention of "grain free" anywhere in the recipe....just the title.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

I have already apologized for the way that sounded.... many carb-conscious people are in Keto, and those cookies are a one-way ticket out. I REALLY didn't intend to sound nasty, so please accept my apology.

*edited* to say that there is no mention of "grain free" anywhere.

Topic Title.
  • nikilis
    Options

do you mean in the topic title? you cant change that. big letters "grain-free".
  • Allyice
    Options
    Obviously if you're in keto you're not going to eat these, and I think it's safe to say you won't be.
    These are for people who still enjoy their treats, and like you said yourself they are better than regular cookies.
  • thr33martins
    Options
    The original post intro (not title) said "no carb," which was then changed to "lower carb." Yes, I initially overlooked the topic title in my response, but to follow that up with "no-carb" is simply incorrect.

Be as punitive as you want, but my response, though overly assertive (I see that now) was correct - no debate.

Oh, and I can definitely read, comprehend, analyze and conclude, so don't worry about my level of education.
  • thr33martins
    Options
    Obviously if you're in keto you're not going to eat these, and I think it's safe to say you won't be.
    These are for people who still enjoy their treats, and like you said yourself they are better than regular cookies.

And yet, your original post called them "no carb." I was being sarcastic - not mean. Please, get over it.
  • thr33martins
    Options
    Tough crowd.
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options

do you mean in the topic title? you cant change that. big letters "grain-free".

innocent mistake but again, the topic says grain free and all the ingredients are clearly grain free..should be mention enough but these look great btw. im not a chickpea fan so this may be the one way to get me to try them!
  • Allyice
    Options
    I corrected myself about the no carb, I don't need to get over anything.
    You won't be eating these cookies, we ALL get that. I'm sure these will please other people though.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Curious if anyone else has tried these. I'm grain free for lent and I want to try to make one or two treats over the 40 day period. The flourless chocolate cake is what I will be trying first!