Just ordered Turbo Fire and . . .

Options
Turbo Fire was on sale for a great price this week, so I decided to order it. It will be arriving tomorrow and I am really excited to get started.

I am also running my third half-marathon a week from tomorrow. For those who have done Turbo Fire, do you think I should wait until after the half to get started? or is it okay to start when it gets here tomorrow?

Thoughts?

Replies

• hablondi
    hablondi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I can't help you with what you are asking but I got Turbo Fire on special too! I get mine on Monday. Want to be friends and we can keep each other accountable?

As far as doing both together...look at the schedule TF sends and see what the first week's workouts are like... if they are more of the "learning" or shorter workout dvds, then i say why not if you have the physical capability to do both
  • hablondi
    Options
    Want to be friends and we can keep each other accountable?

Sounds good! I really want to do this one all the way through without missing any workouts. If we start this coming week, we will finish the 20 week program at the end of March - just in time for Spring clothes!
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I just ordered mine!
    Im excited!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire was on sale for a great price this week, so I decided to order it. It will be arriving tomorrow and I am really excited to get started.

I am also running my third half-marathon a week from tomorrow. For those who have done Turbo Fire, do you think I should wait until after the half to get started? or is it okay to start when it gets here tomorrow?

Thoughts?

I've never done Turbo Fire specifically, but I have trained for a half while doing other videos/classes for cross training.

My questions would be: Are you currently doing cross training? What kind of mileage does your training program have you doing in the next week? Are you concerned about any injuries or problems you may face when running the half?

If you're already used to cross training, are injury free and not doing a lot of mileage next week, then maybe you can give it a try.

If this would be brand new for you and/or you have an injury or a heavy running schedule, you might want to wait.
  • hablondi
    Options

Thoughts?

I've never done Turbo Fire specifically, but I have trained for a half while doing other videos/classes for cross training.

My questions would be: Are you currently doing cross training? What kind of mileage does your training program have you doing in the next week? Are you concerned about any injuries or problems you may face when running the half?

If you're already used to cross training, are injury free and not doing a lot of mileage next week, then maybe you can give it a try.

If this would be brand new for you and/or you have an injury or a heavy running schedule, you might want to wait.

Thanks. I am only doing two shorter runs this coming week. I do have knee problems sometimes (used to be much worse), so I think that I will go ahead and do the workouts, but modify any really high impact stuff until after the race. Just really want to get started :)
  • mrsmark2010
    Options
    no answer for you, sorry. I too ordered turbofire. Probably won't start it for another month, will be away from home and not sure what equipment I may have available. Now I'm doing some insanity and some p90x. May play with some of the DVD's between now and then though. Looks like a good program though.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I trained for a 10K while doing P90X at the same time. I had no problems with that.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine too...
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just started my 2nd month on Turbo Fire. I would probably wait to start til after your marathon. Turbo Fire is pretty high intensity. I know that I tried to do Turbo Fire and C25K at the same time and physically wasn't able to do so. But, then again I am much more fit now than I was at that time (probably 5+ months ago). Do whatever you feel you can do within your limits. If you're extremely fit then you probably won't have any problems being able to do both. Good luck with it. I LOVE Turbo Fire!!!
  • LMG130
    LMG130 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would say pick out a few of the workouts to try out while you are still training, just to play around and see what it's like. I wouldn't sink into the whole plan yet though because it's 6 days a week!

I'm running a half on Sunday and this week I still did the Fire 45 and the Fire 30 class.

Enjoy!
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Def go ahead and get started! You are going to love Turbo Fire :D
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

Thoughts?

I played that game. .I got stuck on level 11. Personally . I prefer "Borderlands".
  • cmp3400
    cmp3400 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would wait if I were you (if you had 6 weeks til your half I would say go for it!!!). Enjoy your "easy" week and start post race!
  • mrsmark2010
    Options
    It came in the mail yesterday. Couldn't wait. Today I did firestarter, ab igniter and stretch 10. Took about 65 min, burned 550 cal (per my HRM). I'm liking it! May not wait until December to start after all.
  • Fitness_withsarah
    Options
    I'm not sure if you already started or not but starting turbo fire would probably help your training for your half marathon :) it is an amazing cardio conditioning so it might just give you that little extra! Let me know how it goes !!