How much do you want to loose by Christmas??

Options
Hi,

I have recently returned to MFP and am keen to make friends with anyone who is in need of support and happy to offer some motivation back!!

I am hoping to lose a stone by Christmas which I know isn't going to be massively easy but I have about 2 stone to get down to my ideal weight but this may change as I may be happy with just one :)

What is everyone else hoping to achieve by Christmas and how are you going to stay on track?

xx

Replies

• alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific number goal, as long as I maintain or lose. My focus for the next 60 days is body composition. I don't want to just be a smaller version of the current me. I want to be leaner and stronger. I'm starting a bootcamp at the gym tomorrow and focussing on the nutritional value of what I consume.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm going conservative - for me it's a marathon, not a sprint.

I have another 1.5 to lose before I leave on a vacation for Thanksgiving - 11 days before I leave.
    Before Christmas - another 4, plus any I've gained from Thanksgiving!
  • Jaybo37
    Jaybo37 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose enough to bring me under my next stone. So probably 10 pound. I keep trying to tell myself the numbers don't matter but I really want to see 10.13.5 by Xmas eve! I would be looking at 1.5 a week which is aiming high. I had lost about 8 in just over 7 weeks, although I did a fair amount of exceeding my cals (1450 a day) And at this point I would say I regained 2 of the 8 after a few days away. Just going to take it day by day, seriously aim to stay within my cals and also get my exercise in. Also making proper use of my cals, cut down on the choc/crisps/vino
  • jodi41086
    Options
    My christmas goal will be at least 7 lbs. I'm 136 now. 7 lbs seems like a decent goal. Goal weight is 122 at least!!
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    First goal is Thanksgiving! Hoping to be down about another 5 pounds before then. And then I would really like another 8 after that! Though with such short time frames, you never know how likely that'll be lol :smile:

Thinking of the goals will help resist the amazing holiday goodies!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I am going to say 6 lbs because then I will be only 7 from my 50 pound goal. I aim to stick with it by working out 5 days a week even if means a little walk on my days that I don't go to the gym.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    Probably like 3-4 pounds, but I mostly want to gain tone & muscle of my liking by then. :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    19# will get me to an even 100# lost this year. It'd be nice, but I'm not going to push for it.
  • runninpal
    Options
    I would love to lose another 10-15, but i will be happy just not to gain weight during thanksgiving.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    12 lbs by end of 2012 to get me at 229!
    Earlier this year my goal was 199 by Dec 31. Sigh.
  • whmaughan
    Options
    If I could do one pound per week until Christmas, I'd be thrilled. Because I'm definitely an emotional eater, sticking to it involves developing more positive thinking and doing positive activities, like developing a talent or serving others. Also, being with positive friends. Making small goals and achieving them really helps pick me up, too. Anything that increases that good energy in my life. Positive energy translates into less hunger for me. How about you?
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I had a goal a few weeks back to lose 15 by Christmas and I've lost 4 so far...so 11 pounds. I'm tracking my food, drinking my water, working out 4-5 days a week.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 14 lbs for Christmas. That will put me at 60lbs lost total and that will be 1/3 of my total weightloss goal.
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    I'd like to lose 15 pounds by then. Then another by my birthday Feb,19.
  • BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for at least 10 lbs by Christmas....hoping for 15, but 10 will be good :)
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose another 10 lbs by Christmas, but I'll take any loss :tongue:
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    My current goal is a total loss of 20 by December 1st. I am at 13 pounds lost now. I'm not weighing in until December 1st...at that point I will set a new goal for December.

So, I guess I don't have that goal set yet!
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hmm I'm really only looking to lose another albs but I am turning my attention to changing my body composition big-time in 2013...
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've love to lose 4kgs by Christmas (it's the last bit til I'm just below my goal, so the harder to lose)
  • Alyx128
    Alyx128 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to lose about 16 pounds by the end of the year. So fourteen by Christmas. There are 8 weeks left until the end of the year, so 2 pounds a week should be pretty doable. It would be so nice to have a different New Years resolution for 2013: to continue on the path I am on and lose the rest of the weight. I have 30 pounds to lose total so I plan to lose 16 by the end of the year and the rest by my birthday in June.