Fitbit vs BodyBug???

Options
Has anyone used BOTH? I love my fitbit but I feel like it doesn't accurately track my calories because it isn't using my heart rate. Has anyone noticed a difference between their fitbit and BodyBug ?? Any reviews on BodyBug ? Thanks :)

Replies

• Isaanne
    Isaanne Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have tried both and I am currently fed up with both.

Fitbit is nice and easy to wear but never synched properly.

Bodybugg was just awful to setup, the entire process was way too complicated and the software is pretty archaic. I liked the graphs of the calorie burn per minute. Wearing it all the time was starting to bugg me (hah) and then - recently it stopped working, and I have not bothered to troubleshoot why.

I have friends that swear by the Fitbit and and one that swears by Bodybugg - but I am kind of over the both of them and now just want to save up for a HRM and do the math myself.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    bodybugg is actually the old school form of the BodyMedia. I have the Bodymedia core armband and I LOVE IT!! I first started out with the fitbit one and hated it. I just didn't see how something so tiny and not connected to my body in someway could tell me my calories burned. With the core I am always 100% certain of how my body is handing itself. It tells you calories burned, steps made, it connects to MFP to keep track of your food intake and does you sleeping watch as well. I am so pleased with this device. Only complaint anyone would have is the 7 month subscription fee for the use of the data after the 3 months free. I mean stinks but thats just 1 less starbucks in my hand which will help anyone loose weight. I mean I have upped my workout and it also will fix your calories burned in MFP so say you think you burned 453 running and the Core shows otherwise it will take it away with -200 from that amount and show you your correct workout. Same goes for if MFP shows it at 453 and you actually burned 700, core will fix that for you and make it show the correct amount. I must say I wouldn't go with Fitbit or Bodybugg...but go with the bodymedia core armband. They also came out with the LINK armband which is bluetooth and syncs with your phone ( certain ones) but its a lot bigger than the core armband (which a display for 50 bucks can be bought to show all your calories and such as it syncs with your core armband and also heart rate straps work with it as well by syncing to the device) SO think on it and choose from their. Also feel free to add me if you have anymore questions :D
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Curious . . on the BodyMedia, is there one without a chest strap?
  • FitGirl329
    FitGirl329 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like my FitBit. I wear it all the time. It's small and unobtrusive. I use it to help keep me active and moving. I never realized how difficult it was to get in 10,000 steps a day! I thought I was active before but wasn't nearly as active as I thought I was. It does what I need it to do.

To track calories burned, I wear a heart rate monitor when I work out. It gives me an accurate reading because my stats are entered in it. I use the Karvonen method to figure out my target heart rates.

So the two, together, give me what I need.
  • jeceke
    jeceke Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'll be keeping a close eye on this. I've been wanting a Fitbit, and I've never heard of BodyBug.
  • Fitness_withsarah
    Options
    Thanks everyone ! Ya I really like my fitbit but it's the calorie burn that gets me... Fitgirl what heart rate monitor do you use ????
  • FitGirl329
    FitGirl329 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Polar heart rate monitors. I've owned various models over the years...not because they wear out but because I just get an itch for a new one. Right now I have an FT4. I'm glad they finally make them to where we can change the battery instead of having to send them off. I think I'll always use Polar.