College Support?

Options
2»

Replies

• luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in college too and struggling.
    My schedule has been crazy this semester...hardest classes I've taken so far, plus two jobs (30hr workweek).
    Along with the illness I caught at the beginning of the semester which took more than a month to heal, my fitness has taken a backseat and my eating is inconsistent--sometimes super healthy and clean, other times not so much.
    I could use some friends going thru the same situation. feel free to add me! :)
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I just graduated undergrad and just started graduate school this fall! So I understand the student mind set and how difficult it is when you are very busy and very stressed! Feel free to add me, I know a lot about weight loss and health in general if you have any questions. :)
  • MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey there I'm a Grad Student! :drinker:
  • MandersPanda
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me. I'm a college freshman, i'm been struggling with my weight also,if you need any support (needs some too) feel free to add me.
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me. Im a college junior and sadly gained the freshman 15 twice! How did that happen? Haha. I have also lost 13 lbs so far, so i am slowly but surely making progress. :)
  • Emeshee
    Emeshee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a sophomore in college! having accessibly to a gym makes it so much easier for me
  • afoz1990
    afoz1990 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey any of you feel free to add me!! I am currently in college 3rd year but still have quite a bit left :P
  • cherrie_renee
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm a sophmore. I lost 50 lbs my freshman year, but gained about 20 back from a torn ligament and broken toe (and going out to eat with friends more!)
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. WHile I'm no where near most of you in age I am a full time college student with 2 semesters left. Would have 3 but I took a bunch over the summer so I would finish up earlier. I take 5 classes each semester, take care of our house, run 2 teenagers all over, have a husband and pets to care for and still manage to eat right and get in some exercise every day. Most colleges have a gym. I highly recommend taking advantage of it. Ours has a pool as well. As soon as I get a bathing suite you can bet my 46 year old mommy butt is getting in that pool. I also belong to LA fitness (formerly Ballys)

One of my tips: Get on a stationary bike with a book. It helps me pass the time and get my studying in. Before you know it you've read a chapter and did 20 to 30 minutes... or more depending on how long the chapter is.

I cook all of our meals, never order out or get take home or eat fast food. Our kids have dorm room fridges in their bedrooms that I keep stocked with bottled water, fresh cut up fruits, veggies and greek yogurt. Why do I do this? Because they will fight if they go to the kitchen fridge and find that someone took the last yogurt. They also have a lot of friends over. They always have something healthy to share with their friends. So if your in a dorm room you probably have a mini fridge too. You can buy fresh cut veggies now a days in most grocery stores. Take a baggie full of your favorite fruits and veggies everywhere you go plus bottled water.

Edited to add: I started to lose weight while in college not before. I felt very self conscious about my weight. IT was hard enough being the oldest one in the class but to be so heavy really got to me. Last year Dec. I threw out my hip! The pain would not go away till I started to walk more, exercise and lose weight. After the first 25 pounds or there about I no longer have any hip pain when I walk.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior! So I did the freshman 15, but then I took it off. Just got too comfortable in that lifestyle.

Think a hard part with being a college student is trying to balacing your social and health lives. A lot of the time they don't intermingle. Or if you're like me and you're friends are all very good looking, and you have to make sure that you're on top of your game even more! Because they aren'y worrying how many calories are in that maragarita they're sipping.

Or just trying to find the time to work out!!!!

Plus the easiest food is normally the worst food =/

Anyone, feel free to add me!

wow 120 something pounds lost!! way to go!!!