Help!!

Options
I have really hit a downer about myself today. The number on the scale hasn't moved at all over the past week. This is probs because of the weekend binge I had I know.
I've been told by my dr that i shouldnt be exercising until I am 12 weeks after have my baby as I had a csection and i need to heal. But i want to exercise, i just dont know what i can do that wont put strain on my cut.. Help?

I feel really low, and finding it hard not to just go eat my kitchen cupboards

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Can you walk?
  • katiew23
    katiew23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel my baby is 4mths old I'm struggling all the time, why don't u go for a walk with the pram u can excercise just not strenuous try going for a walk with the pram just a small one it will help u feel better too. I was back walking the roads after 2 weeks I mean going really fast after my c section but I started slowly. Then after 12 weeks go nuts but u will have kick started this way.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you could have a touch of the 'baby blues'. Go speak to your doctor about that. Get your head in the right place and the rest will follow. Leave the exercise until your doctor says you can do it safely. You have all the rest of your life to exercise. Twelve weeks is not long in the big scheme of things. Just enjoy your baby for now. They grow up so fast.
  • biglady22
    biglady22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can you walk?

Yeah i can walk, which i have been doing atleast 3 times a week with baba
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Can you walk?

Then walk everyday as fast as you are safely able to. It's the only exercise I did to loose my weight until recently.
  • biglady22
    Options
    Your right they do grow up so fast.

I just want to be a yummy mummy not a fatty mummy.

self centred much? I know.
  • biglady22
    Options
    Can you walk?

Then walk everyday as fast as you are safely able to. It's the only exercise I did to loose my weight until recently.

Thanks, i will give walking daily ago. i suppose i just get bored with my own company. I really wanted to start busting some fat off me.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    I am sure you are a yummy mummy already. Be patient. Your baby will benefit. Walking is a good idea. Baby gets lots of fresh air too. So a win win situation.
  • biglady22
    Options
    I wrap her up in hat, clovers, cosytoe. but im scared she will get cold, her cheeks are red raw sometimes and i feel bad.
  • klamarius
    Options
    I agree with the rest of the comments - walk until you can safely exercise. Think of it this way. If you try doing too much right now, you could heal incorrectly and then be laid up even longer. Take it easy for now. I know how difficult it is to wait but it will be better all around in the long run. I would also just try to watch what you eat - maybe get that started while you are waiting to heal? This way, when you do start to work out, you will have the eating part of it down!!

And it's not self-centered to want to look "yummy". I think every new mom wants the weight to just come right off - that's normal! We all wanna look yummy. :wink: But it will take time. My youngest is 2 yrs old and I am STILL struggling to get back to my pre-children weight!!

Good luck!! And enjoy your new baby!
  • jenn11411
    jenn11411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i have to say i agree with 2essie...as a post partum depression sufferer i have been there, done that. if the weather is nice and you can walk without worrying about it being too cold, i would do it still, but beyond walking I wouldn't worry much about exercise right now. I also had a C Section...you need to give your body time to heal. Your body is an amazing thing but you do have to treat it right. part of that is allowing it to heal after a trauma. can you go to an indoor place to walk? that way weather isnt an issue, and it gets you out and about a little bit too. you are doing fine and you will get to your goal. Just the fact that you are posting on this website shows it!