Meal Plan - help please

Options
Hi all, just wondering if there is a way MFP can generate a weekly (or fortnightly) meal plan which coincides with current caloric intake? For example is there a 1200 calories per day meal plan or a 1400 per day? I find it so much easier to stick to something when I'm given a plan and then I don't need to do any thinking about it - lazy hey? Thanks.

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Nope. But you might find it easier is you start out just logging what you usually eat for two weeks. Then you will have a good sense of the nutritional values of food, which will making planning your own meals easier.
  • Arage
    Arage Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Jacquis59
    Options
    I plan my meals for the week, usually cook all but the fish or chicken which are best eaten right away once made. I use my veggie peeler and take big carrots and zucchini into pasta like strips that I can then stirfry into veggies and chicken or shrimp with a little evoo and garlic. It's a definitely faxed out pasta dish but it doesn't satisfy my need to have something pasta like.

I eat a lot of fish, chicken, the occasional steak if they're on sale, roast pork (really lean) and I highly season everything I make. It helps me not miss the carbs so much.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You can go on line and just type in 1200 calorie diet plan and I am sure some example will pop up. Maybe it will give you a general idea of amounts and what portions look like.
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think it is good that they do not, It is important that you learn how to plan your own intake so that your way of eating becomes a lifestyle not just a diet plan that someone else has planned for you. It takes a little more effort however in the long run you will know how to keep your weight off long term versus ganing it back when you no longer follow a "diet plan"
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Also you could always look at diaries of people who have theirs open for meal ideas... hope that helps.
  • almab58
    almab58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I live in the UK & have been using The Hairy Dieters Cookbook. Fab recipes, all calorie counted along with daily menu planners. Works really well alongside MFP cos they work to 1200 calories a day. Loads of the recipes are available on line.
  • bgraz1994
    bgraz1994 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've already done so for a couple of other users, but I can make you a few example meal plans if you would like.
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have been using this meal plan from Jullian Michaels ripped in 30 days. I don't follow it exactly to the T but it does help me plan meals to stay within my calorie goals. Some items are easy, grab and go and some are complicated (a lot of ingredients) recipes. I hope this will help you learn how to start planning meals. It has helped me alot!

http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf
  • Arage
    Arage Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am in Australia and have been able to find another website called Carlorie King which gives a meal plan based on my daily calorie intake so I will just use both My Fitness Pal and Calorie King. It's another good site if anyone wants to look at it it is www.calorieking.com.au