Recently had baby on 9/11 could use some motivation

Options
I had an emergency c section on 9/11 and now have the c-section pooch along with a lot of added weight to lose. I needed to lose some weight before I even got preggo! I go back to work on Dec. 10th and would like to get back into my clothes or even smaller ones before I return. I've been struggling with motivation. Anyone need a buddy?? I am from Jacksonville FL and am 36. Any other Jax peeps??

Replies

• dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm in a very similar situation....my little guy was born 9/6 via emergency c-section. I'm not going back to work until the end of january,and want to be looking and feeling better by then....but I just can't seem to get motivated. Please feel free to add me if you want....maybe we can motivate each other!
  • kclynn7
    Options
    Sending you a request. I had to have 2 c-sections :( My newest was born Oct. 8th.
  • angelafranker
    angelafranker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great! I had a birthday party and family get together this weekend. Social situations always do me in because there is always good food. Tomorrow is a new day. We can do this!
  • stashypants
    Options
    I had an emergency c-section in Jan. I told myself I was going to workout as soon as I was allowed to. I continuously started and failed. My suggestion is to take it easy on yourself! Do a little everyday but don't kill yourself over the weight not loss. It'll come off! I didn't lose any weight for 7 months. I started P90X/turbofire/shakeology in August, only have 2 weeks left and I'm down 22 lbs and 4 pant sizes. It'll happen :) remember to be kind to your body at the beginning and it'll stop you from starting over and over again.
    I also found it helped to remember WHY I wanted to do it. Besides looking not frumpy and "pregnant", I wanted to do it so I can keep up with my baby when she's older, plus maybe it'll be less hard to get back into shape the second time around if I got to my goals after the first :)

Anyways I just added u, hopefully we can help each other!
  • angelafranker
    angelafranker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me! New mommies always need friends to help motivate. I'm going on about 3 hours of sleep but I am determined to get some kind of exercise in today and eat right. Good luck to everyone!