How to track P90 exercise?

Options
Good Morning:

I have started the P 90 exercise program to go along wih MFP. At my age, my doc (who specializes in post menapause) said that I will need to do cardio for 60 minutes, 7 days per week. She also said I would need to do strength training 60 minutes per week (in 20 minute sessions 3 days per week). I cannot figure out how to accurately reflect what I am doing with P 90. Anybody have ideas on how to factor in this exercise regime so that it reflects accurately? Thank-you!

Replies

• miyagi_jole
    Options
    I don't think that P90 is the best program for your requirement, 'cause it's more focused in strength training than cardio. Although, P90 should burn 300-400 as a cardiovascular workout.
    I recomend to you to perform TurboFire program, that has a lot of Cardio (600-700 cals aprox) and has some strength training days.
  • Have you considered getting an heart rate monitor w/ a chest strap? Best way to accurately get your calorie burn. That way you can make up your own exercise name (i.e. P90 - Chest & Back), then enter the amount of minutes u worked out and finally the calorie burn per your hrm. Just a thought. Good luck.
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do just as he suggested...I wear my heart rate monitor and then log my calories burned under the name of the workout I completed. Good luck to you!!
  • jlbeals
    jlbeals Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    To clarify, are you doing P90 or P90X? I just finished P90 a few weeks ago (it's got alternating cardio and toning/circuit days) but the workouts are around 45 minutes long, not 60 - it's geared more towards beginners. The way I logged it before I got my HRM was as aerobics on the cardio days, and circuits on the toning days.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Not sure I fully understand the question, but the "Sweat" would be the cardio and the "Scuplt" would be the strenght training.
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I just started 30 day shred yesterday and was wondering how to log that on MFP. I asked the people on my friends list but no one seemed to know. Now I know I need to get a heart rate monitor! :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    There's a couple of ways to do this. One way is to follow UC and Tara's advice. The other is to just log P90X as "Circuit Training, General." If you have an HRM with calorie counter, you can manually enter the calories and not worry about the details.

As far as doing P90X goes, I'd recommend doing the "Lean" version, as that one is more geared towards cardio. That said, make sure your doctor is OK with this type of workout, as it's not *exactly* what you described as she wanted you do. I think it'll be fine, but make sure - there may be some reason she would not want you to do this.

If nothing else, I don't see any reason why she wouldn't be OK with you doing the P90X workouts under a revised schedule.

BAH!!! Just realized you said P90, not P90X. I'm not familiar with just P90, so I guess, nevermind???
  • AubieMae
    Options
    Ya'll are amazing!! Thank-you, Thank-you. I have started with P 90 because it is for beginners and it seemed like a do-able place to start and I can go at my own pace and work up...I figure I won't be able to handle the 60 minutes of cardio 7 days per week and 60 minutes of strength building without a good slow steady go of it. My hope is that I will be there at the 90th day. I love the heart monitor suggestion! Will get one today!