30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30

Options
Which one would you suggest I get? I want to lose a few lbs and tone up as I'm doing it.

Also do you need weights or anything to go along with the videos?

Replies

• Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Yes you need 3 lbs weights. I see a lot of people on these boards say they do the 30 day shred 30 days in a row, it is not meant to be done like that. Your muscles needs rest days between working them.
  • Anna800
    Options
    Forgot to add you can watch clips at collagevideo.com to see which routine appeals to you most. I've done both but I've debated this with a friend and we each have different opinions on each so I don't think my opinion really matters, it's what you will like doing most and can stick with.
  • MommaToFour
    Options
    I say do the shred first and then ripped in 30. That's what I did. Ripped is a little more intense and aggressive! I used five pound weights. My first round of the shred I lost 4 inches off my waist. It's no joke! Take measurements beforehand. The scale wasn't my friend during either of those workouts but the tape measure was my bestie!! :)
  • susyw_2003
    Options
    I also did 30 day shred then ripped in 30 .. I feel they are very similar but ripped in 30's circuits are slightly different as the movements are more intense but you don't have to do them for as long as in 30 day shred.

It doesn't really matter which one you chose as either way you will tone up if you use heavy weights and push yourself because both workouts are only for around 20-25 mins long.

(personally i'd choose ripped in 30, 4 levels and better lay out of circuits!)

:) x
  • MommaToFour
    Options
    I'd also suggest putting some really good music on your IPOD! Jillian gets annoying after about day three! :)
  • susyw_2003
    Options
    ^ this is VERY true! Knowing what shes going to say next is not a good thing haha
  • Anna800
    Options
    I didn't do 20 min workouts, I did 2 back to back.