I am new and I have a question about the food tracker

Options
On the food tracker do I have to enter everything that was for instant on my pizza seperately or can i just say pizza with cheese? Why also does it not calculate accurate all the time. Like for instance my steel cut oatmeal has 5 grams of protein is says 0? Just trying to get the most accurate. Thanks!

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you enter everything you eat, and if you see something is wrong on a food that you click on, like you say the protein grams etc. You can alter it and put the correct amount.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    On the food tracker do I have to enter everything that was for instant on my pizza seperately or can i just say pizza with cheese? Why also does it not calculate accurate all the time. Like for instance my steel cut oatmeal has 5 grams of protein is says 0? Just trying to get the most accurate. Thanks!

so a lot of the foods in the database are entered by other users. Sometimes they have the wrong info...sometimes they don't put down complete info (such as your protein example), and other times they are referencing something different than you are looking for.

you can always edit the entry with the info you find on the label if you know what they say is wrong - or if its not in the database you can add a food to it yourself.

Also, for multi ingredient meals you can add them all in and then create a 'my meal' that lumps them all together for you for later use (like if you make a sandwhich a particular way you can build it and save it for easy tracking later on)
  • mcjurys
    mcjurys Posts: 19
    Options
    I would suggest that you enter everything you eat, and if you see something is wrong on a food that you click on, like you say the protein grams etc. You can alter it and put the correct amount.

How do you edit it??
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    it asks you is this information correct? and you can click no and then enter the bit that is missing etc
  • mcjurys
    mcjurys Posts: 19
    Options
    it asks you is this information correct? and you can click no and then enter the bit that is missing etc

Thanks!