Tired of starting over.

Options
Alright everyone! Whose said it over and over again? I know I have. I've dieted pretty much since I've been 16 on and off. And I'm tired of saying, "oh, I'm starting my diet again Monday" or "Ill start again tomorrow". I'm done starting over. Im done hearing myself say that. I'm like a broken record saying it over and over and over and over again. Tomorrow never comes people. I tell my boyfriend that all the time and yet I don't listen to it.

I'm ready to prove to everyone that i can do it. We can all do it. Let's forget about the past and all the start overs. I'm ready now! I'm ready to not only look pretty but to feel pretty. One day at a time. If you want it bad enough you can do it. Mind over matter. We can do anything we want and this is where it begins. No more excuses. No more "I'm too tired to workout" or " I'll just go longer tomorrow".

Whose ready todo this? Starting right now. I got a goal of 30 lbs to lose. Although my scale needs a new battery, I'm not buying one. I'm not gonna focus on the number as much as I have in the past. Im just gonna go with how my clothes fit and how I feel. Not gonna stress anymore over a little number.

Anyone want some support along their journey you can message me and add me if you want. I need all the support I can get and ready to give it back! We can do this together! Whose with me!

Impossible Is Nothing.....

Replies

• Smelerz
    Smelerz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I was on a roll for a year, totally transformed myself then bam, injury in July and I have been "starting over" every Monday since. I figure while the Dr's are focusing on my knee the least I could do is focus on food. Eat clean feel good.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking of it as a 'diet'. It has to be a lifestyle change.
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I start over every monday, every month, every year for the past 5 years, and i never seem to reach my goal either!! It sucks!:sad: However when you quit starting over thats when you need to get worried!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options

^^^^ this!!! I figure I will be on this site for the rest of my life. If I'm not..I will put all the weight I lost back on and will always be in the "starting over" mode.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

THIS! It's not a life long diet program .. it's a life long journey and lifestyle! You eat and live healthy .. you enjoy your holiday meals with family and friends .. special occasions .. 4th of July .. whatever .. but you'll do it knowing you're going back to exercising and eating below your calorie allotments!

You CAN do this .. it's about knowing how to curb your portions .. and doing it consistently :flowerforyou:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I decided to quit starting over. Every decision I make is part of the process.
  • kelleybelly35
    kelleybelly35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you.....I have lost and gained the same 10 lbs this last year; I don't know how many times....And the scale is evil especially if you strength train. Even though my clothes are loose and I feel better, my scale just keeps going up; and I know this is because I am lifting heavy but mentally it is hard to get over. So just take it one day at a time and we will eventually get there :)
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Then decide that this is the time you stick with it. I know, easier said than done.

This weekend, even though I stayed within calories, I went over on sodium from what I usually consume and the scale shows a 2lb regain. I can let myself get discouraged and quit, or I can drink an extra two cups of water, hit the treadmill and bake myself some more low sodium food to ration out for the week. This week, I'm choosing the 2nd option. But, sadly enough, quitting popped into my mind.

You have to have other nonscale type goals to keep you motivated. Mine right now is getting my resting heart rate into normal ranges. No matter what, I'm going to get on the treadmill because I need to work on this problem. Might as well eat right too if I'm already getting on the treadmill.

I've done this before, I lost the weight and kept it off for ten years before job loss made me so upset that I regained it all in under 4 months. Part of me is really angry that I'm doing this again. The first time I lost weight, I lost it with just diet. I'm hoping that exercise helps make this a lifetime habit.
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I made a lifestyle change about 3 years ago and was doing amazing, lost over 50 lbs. Then I started school, lost my job, and some other life events and I reverted back to my non-accountable habits (stopped logging), and put it all back on, plus a few :( So even when you look at it as a lifestyle change, it's still something you will always have to face and overcome those "upsets" that life throws you. With me it's routine...any time my life routine changes, it throws off everything. I have to learn to control that, instead of letting it control me. I am back now and making lifestyle changes again, and am down 24 lbs so far. It's going slower this time but I think the important thing is to keep trying, even when you have those terrible setbacks. Last time I went from 207 to 162. This time I started at 217, am down to 194 now, and my goal is 125. That has always been my ultimate goal, but I have never gotten closer than 155. This is my third time trying. The first time I totally "dieted", didn't really do anything the "right way". The second time (last time) I did it right, but didn't have a plan for maintenance or ongoing. This time I realize that I can't let my guard down ever, and I have to keep at it even when I plateau. I'm only 5'2", so I know my body is capable of being 125...I shouldn't let that plateau that happens at 150-160 stop me again. And I plan not to this time!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

this!

if you're tired of starting over, STOP quitting!!!!
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I made my lifestyle change about 2 years ago. The place where I work started the Biggest Loser....I came in 2nd place...no way was I going to gain that weight back. Instead of a diet or game...I made it my lifestyle to eat clean. 40 pounds later and 3 pounds to go I'm pretty happy...just need to do some toning..........
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I have said that sooooo many times that it's conpletly ridicilous. I have then changed things up, walk more and eat healthier foods and stay on my calorie goal. In October I was so fed up with my plataeu that I have taken things to a higher gear, I now want to succes very badly that nobody or nothing will stand in my way, The last 6 kilos are ridcilously hard to get rid of BUT it can be done as long as I keep my head clear! Mind over matter like you said ;)